Splitting Divisions

Discussion in 'CHEERSPORT' started by THEJOEL, Feb 10, 2014.

1. C*A-Shelby K

C*A-Shelby K I make my own voiceovers

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    I fully understand that and we knew this coming in. I was just stating my opinion that I didn't understand why they do this because say small coed is still small coed if a team that outscores another and doesn't get a bid I don't think a random draw should decide this. This is my opinion I don't mean anything about it

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

2. ACEDAD

ACEDAD Named "Best Veteran" meaning "Most Attractive". National Champion

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    Twitter:
    billpresson
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    Verified Member:
    Bill Presson
    USASF Hall of Fame Member
    I don't think this is true. They've given 2nd place teams bids before. But they won't skip over the first place team to do it.

Also, I always crack up at score comparisons. You can't do it. Not from competition to competition or division to division.

Whenever you have humans looking at something and assigning a number, there is inevitably a lack of consistency. Sorry but it happens. So a 4th place in one division might have won the other, but you can't know that by comparing scores.

The Fierce Board: If you're gonna be talked about, shouldn't you at least be here to defend yourself?

3. Ashley

Ashley Administrator Staff Member National Champion

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    You can't compare scores across judging panels. Each small coed division was scored by a different set of judges so you really can't compare the scores. It doesn't mean anything. It doesn't mean you were a better team because you scored higher on a separate set of judges.

I'm sorry you didn't get your bid :(