All-Star Sportaccord Council Gives International Cheer Union Positive Recommendation

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I understand the displeasure with lack of seating so my question is this... Where should the ICU or Worlds be held then?

I think I'm going to go ahead and get in line now - and bring a sleeping bag so I don't have to lose my spot for day two.
I'm actually very curious to see if they change their ticket procedures this year and have a separate one for each session. Because if not, people will be lining up with their sleeping bags the night before. We went as spectators in 2009 and I just don't remember it being remotely as insane as it was last year.

I went last year - both days- got on line 1 hour before doors opened had no problem finding seats. The people who walk in at 11am and think they will find seating near the front rows never seems to amaze me- I did feel bad for the parents who almost missed their childs performance due to over crowding however I was not giving up my seat to sit in the baseball stadium. I did go to the stadium for awards and felt horrible for those poor teams that won. It was extremely janky.
A possible solution is use jostens for all awards while having finals run continuously all day- many spectators will go to see their teams standings (dont announce them at the milk house) because last year only a few divisions were in jostens but for the most part it sat empty. Use the same back drops in both venues- or set up the varsity tent again- and use that purely for awards while running both venues continuously.

Worlds would have to change their dates bc NO arena is gonna give up those dates bc they are during NBA playoffs (not that the Magic have are any good) lol

So maybe a college basketball arena?

If you can find one with multiple venues

I think it comes down to how many teams should go and compete at actual worlds. I think regional worlds qualifying events (to lower travel costs) would be smarter. Course I also dont think as many teams should compete at worlds. Less teams would rid the need for multiple venues.

I think it comes down to how many teams should go and compete at actual worlds. I think regional worlds qualifying events (to lower travel costs) would be smarter. Course I also dont think as many teams should compete at worlds. Less teams would rid the need for multiple venues.
This is my view on that. This year (2012 Worlds) IMO was the first time in a long time that "finals" actually felt validated and like an honor again. I feel that if teams are willing to go through prelims and semis at a chance to finals then I say good for them. I think that the more the merrier, if teams want to come for the "experience" then that's their choice. Also, the larger attendance is not a negative, the coordination of seating definitely needs to be addressed but turning away customers doesn't seem smart. And to reiterate, I feel that prelims, semis and ONLY 10 into finals has brought the prestige back to finals!

This is my view on that. This year (2012 Worlds) IMO was the first time in a long time that "finals" actually felt validated and like an honor again. I feel that if teams are willing to go through prelims and semis at a chance to finals then I say good for them. I think that the more the merrier, if teams want to come for the "experience" then that's their choice. Also, the larger attendance is not a negative, the coordination of seating definitely needs to be addressed but turning away customers doesn't seem smart. And to reiterate, I feel that prelims, semis and ONLY 10 into finals has brought the prestige back to finals!

The final result on Sunday, the ten best in each division, is by far the best way to display it. However, as the venue cannot support this setup properly without consequences, either the setup needs to change or the venue. The current solution is to have finals on Monday, when most people will have gone home already.

The final result on Sunday, the ten best in each division, is by far the best way to display it. However, as the venue cannot support this setup properly without consequences, either the setup needs to change or the venue. The current solution is to have finals on Monday, when most people will have gone home already.
The Monday change is a result of ICU, regardless of USASF the change was going to happen.

Back