High School Sports Bra Rules

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Our coach never said we couldn't but no one does. She doesn't mind if we roll up our shirts and this year for camp we even bought crop tops so I dont think she would have a problem if it got really hot out.

High school cheerleaders need to look at this issue from an athletic director/principal/teacher's point of view. You're representing your school. You wouldn't be allowed to wear a sports bra to class. Same applies to practice. It also helps to look at it from the view of a girl on a different sports team. Girls on the soccer team don't practice in bras, so what are they going to think about the cheerleaders who do?

High school cheerleaders need to look at this issue from an athletic director/principal/teacher's point of view. You're representing your school. You wouldn't be allowed to wear a sports bra to class. Same applies to practice. It also helps to look at it from the view of a girl on a different sports team. Girls on the soccer team don't practice in bras, so what are they going to think about the cheerleaders who do?
My schools girls soccer team does. Track, and XC do too. And some volleyball girls if they're conditioning outside.

We aren't supposed to because of our coach. She doesnt want us too but she isnt strict about rolling up our shirts.

We dont allow our girls to...its too distracting and just not classy for high school...Especially for our situation where we share the gym with the volleyball players and some random basketball players. Just doesn't look good with everyone staring at the girls, for the wrong reasons!
They are allowed to wear their spanks if they want, but obviously need a normal shirt on. (the boy short spanks..)

We're allowed if it's super hot. Like this week we were allowed to because there was a heat advisory. That was the only reason she left us.

our coaches dont have a problem with the girls on my team wearing sports bras. they realize it gets outrageously hott.

when i cheered for my high school my freshman year (i'm no longer a high school cheerleader) we weren't allowed to wear sports bras and only seniors were allowed to wear tank tops, weird right?
but in allstars our coaches allow sports bras.

We never practiced in just a sports bra for school practice. It was too awkward with guys sports teams and guy coaches running around the school, plus it just reinforces the negative cheerleading stereotypes for people outside our sport. Was it hot? Yes, but it really wasn't that bad. We always had light colored tshirts to work out in and practiced earlier in the day before the Texas heat got really bad. As people stated above, its much different for all star teams that are the only sport in their gym vs. high school, where you are representing cheerleading and your school to the entire community.

I let my girls where them at practice. First of all, we are an all-girl school. Secondly, I do have some rules about it - I tell them NO white sports bras on top and I ask that they double them up.

we aren't allowed to wear them when we practice at our school but we practice at an all star gym once or twice a week and the rest of the week we practice at our district building 99 percent of the time so its just us and jv in an enclosed gym and no one can see us. ( i got to school where our district is very big and the district building is were all the meetings are held and the all the directors offices are).

Back