High School Sports Bra Rules

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I know this discussion was like, in October... BUT i have to say something.
My gym doesn't allow it, because the gym is also for gymnastics -__-
I don't think thats fair....

It gets pretty hot in Pennsylvania, but there are usually guys in the gym going to the weightroom and such. I can only think of one instance where some girls wore sports bras: chereography day when it was 95 degrees inside our gym, and there were no guys there.

If there is no one around and it is Super Hot During conditioning, as a coach I don't mind, but usually we have too many people around to allow it. I would make them double up though.

My high school coach didn't care when it was hot because our gym wasn't air conditioned and often we were outside when it was 85-95 degrees. My athletic director was fine with it as long as they weren't too revealing. His thought was that I let the boys not wear shirts, I can't tell you guys that when it's hot you need to keep yours on. He does get final say on what is appropriate but we haven't had any issues. A lot of us are big on pinnies because they breathe a lot easier than t shirts!

does your coach allow your team to practice in sports bras? we can as long as we're inside. if we're pracicing outside, we have to put a shirt on! and i dont think we were allowed to wear them at cheer camp but i dont remember. i wish we could've though cause it was hot!
Our coach is very diligent when it comes to keeping our team's image clean. She allows us to wear our sports bras when we are practicing alone (only comp practices) and there aren't any students who will look in the door. It's nice when you're running a full our routine 5-6 times.

The only time I've ever practiced in a sports bra at cheer was freshman year a couple of times. It was super hot in summer and the school didnt have air conditioning. Now we have it, thank god, so summer practices aren't that bad. Winter practices don't get to hot because I live in WI. But I think if someone decided to take their shirt off at practice and wear just their sports bra the coach would be okay with it.

At my town's high school, they can't because everyone thinks its "inappropriate" and at my gym that i'm going to this year they don't because its also a gymnastics gym -_-

we practice at an all star gym so yes were allowed to there but for like football practice at the school were not allowed to at all

Big no, no for our high school team. We don't practice till August anyways, and almost never outside so it seems to not be a problem. Also, during the school year, if the two gyms are being used, they practice in a common area, where it is more likely to have other students walking by, so if our Principal saw the girls in sports bras he would have a stroke! He is a stickler for the dress code. Also, a no, no on just spandex and no soffees (which is what the All-Stars prefer to practice in)

Big no, no for our high school team. We don't practice till August anyways, and almost never outside so it seems to not be a problem. Also, during the school year, if the two gyms are being used, they practice in a common area, where it is more likely to have other students walking by, so if our Principal saw the girls in sports bras he would have a stroke! He is a stickler for the dress code. Also, a no, no on just spandex and no soffees (which is what the All-Stars prefer to practice in)
what the heck do they practice in? :confused:

At my school we used to be allowed to one time but then apparently the head of the sports walked in and made a rule that we had to wear shirts. I wish we could wear just sports bras...

Latest posts

Back