All-Star Sports Bras Vs. T-shirts For Practice

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

sports bras only or t-shirt?

• Total voters
We can wear either to practise. only about 4 of us wear sports bras the rest wear shirts. I wear both, then take the shirt off if I get too hot. I think as long as everyone is comfortable thats fine. :)

i think being in only a sports bra would be way more comfortable but in my four years of cheer ive never practiced in only a sports bra... ive competed two years in half tops but for some reason i feel like id be self concious lol

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

As I have stated in another thread, my CP's gym has a tshirt rule; but, I wish that they were required wear sports bras. My CP is a mini and some of her teammates don't wear anything underneath their tshirts during practice. I guess their parents don't think that there is a "need" for it...but when they are working on handstands or trying to figure out how to kickover, time goes very slowly as their shirts slide down to their heads :( Most coaches try to get them to use an elastic band on their shirts, but it still is quite distracting and dangerous. They get tangled up in it. We have a lot of male coaches, but I am not worried about them, they are 100% professional.I just think that the kids should be taught to be more aware of themselves from the youngest age

As I have stated in another thread, my CP's gym has a tshirt rule; but, I wish that they were required wear sports bras. My CP is a mini and some of her teammates don't wear anything underneath their tshirts during practice. I guess their parents don't think that there is a "need" for it...but when they are working on handstands or trying to figure out how to kickover, time goes very slowly as their shirts slide down to their heads :( Most coaches try to get them to use an elastic band on their shirts, but it still is quite distracting and dangerous. They get tangled up in it. We have a lot of male coaches, but I am not worried about them, they are 100% professional.I just think that the kids should be taught to be more aware of themselves from the youngest age
In our gyms tryout packet it states that sports bras are to be worn at all times by all teams regardless of age. The fee we pay for practice clothes includes 2 sports bras. Even our tinys wear them.

Gay Coaches. Problem solved.

Not 100% of the time. I've been in a practice (with openly gay male coaches), a girl took her shirt off so she was just in a sports bra, the mother came down and told the girl to put her shirt back on. The coaches did not care (obviously) and they were the only team practicing at the time...granted more people came in about 30 minutes, but still. I didn't see a big problem with it.

Personally, if the athlete is comfortable I say go for it.

Not 100% of the time. I've been in a practice (with openly gay male coaches), a girl took her shirt off so she was just in a sports bra, the mother came down and told the girl to put her shirt back on. The coaches did not care (obviously) and they were the only team practicing at the time...granted more people came in about 30 minutes, but still. I didn't see a big problem with it.

Personally, if the athlete is comfortable I say go for it.

It's just weird to me. Do you let your daughter go to the beach, or is that off limits, too? I don't want to go on a tangent, but I think by making it a negative, you're making kids uncomfortable with their own bodies when they need the opposite in their teen years.

I agree with the person that said it earlier, if you don't trust your coaches, then why are you at that gym? I understand modesty extending to the parent room and outside; but seriously, within a gym I would hope that my CP would be as safe as she is at my house. If I didn't feel that way I would switch gyms.

It's just weird to me. Do you let your daughter go to the beach, or is that off limits, too? I don't want to go on a tangent, but I think by making it a negative, you're making kids uncomfortable with their own bodies when they need the opposite in their teen years.
Exactly!

Back