High School Squad Changes For Nca/uca Nationals?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 2, 2011
What kind of changes in team composition are allowed between receiving your bid and going to nationals? Can you add people to the team as long as It doesn’t change your division? Or are you locked in to competing with the same number of people you had when you earned your bid?

Do they care about substitutions like they do at summit where you can only have so many changes? I have two exchange students on mat who earned the bid but are going home at the end of the semester.

We competed with 15 but are hoping to compete at state with 19 and I was wondering if it was possible to take them to nationals with 4 more than they had when they earned their bid.

What kind of changes in team composition are allowed between receiving your bid and going to nationals? Can you add people to the team as long as It doesn’t change your division? Or are you locked in to competing with the same number of people you had when you earned your bid?

Do they care about substitutions like they do at summit where you can only have so many changes? I have two exchange students on mat who earned the bid but are going home at the end of the semester.

We competed with 15 but are hoping to compete at state with 19 and I was wondering if it was possible to take them to nationals with 4 more than they had when they earned their bid.

I don't know anything about NCA Nationals, so I will speak only of UCA

You must stay in division at UCA. If you had 15 on mat at a UCA qualifier and were in a medium varsity division, then you may only add one additional person to the floor and must remain in the medium varsity division. If you earned your bid with two exchange students of the 15, and they will be going home, then you theoretically have 3 open places. If you have those three open places, you could add up to 3 of your alternates. They don't care if it's the same kids, hell they don't even take names on a roster for the qualifiers.

Back