Sr open 5 Changes for 2010-2011 Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

They are not making changes to the age grid for the 10-11 season.

Does anyone know what changes / adjustments have been proposed to the Sr open 5 division for next season? Have any proposals been made? Who makes the proposals and how to the get to the powers that be?

I know I would like to see a few adjustments:
1. Standing tumbling - No standing fulls. No Jump to Fulls. Fulls must come from a bhs entry.
2. No tumbling out of fulls.
3. Needs a new name - Level 5 open is just confusing for parents and even some of the kids. Plus it need something to differentiate it from level 5 world's divisions.

Reasonings:
1. The stated reason for this division was as a "bridge" division from 4 to 5.
2. I have seen some super scary fulls in this division (including one requiring the kid to be taken to the hospital in a neck brace on a backboard) and I think it would be nice to allow kids the chance to PERFECT their fulls BEFORE people start pushing the doubles. (Trick to fulls in running tumbling would be ok because it does allow for a child to take a specialty pass they have already perfected and just add the full to the end.)
3. I feel this division needs more to separate it from the other level 5 teams. Just the no doubles in tumbling ISN'T enough. (All other levels have way more to differentiate them from other levels than this)

What do you guys all think?

i def agree with no standin full. jumps to fulls
but not with a bhs entry, as many people do just RO fulls, or cartwheel fulls, which i think should be allowed
and i agree that after u full, no elements should go after it.

im not to sure if it needs a new name, but yes, the name is slightly confusing. But if your on the team u'll know what it means, i dont think it matters to much if other athletes or parents FULLY understand the difference, as long as they have a slight idea-basically it being lvl 5

but not with a bhs entry, as many people do just RO fulls, or cartwheel fulls, which i think should be allowed

im not to sure if it needs a new name, but yes, the name is slightly confusing. But if your on the team u'll know what it means, i dont think it matters to much if other athletes or parents FULLY understand the difference, as long as they have a slight idea-basically it being lvl 5

I think the idea of bhs entry was refering to getting rid of standing fulls, and connecting a tumbling pass like whip fulls, or full through to full.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

In my scenario r/o fulls would be ok because that would be in running tumbling. I was talking about standing tumbling needing to originate from a bhs. Cartwheel fulls would not be ok because it is standing tumbling (similar to cartwheel tucks not being allowed in level 3).

Senior 5 OPEN DIVISIONS-DIVISIONS-DIVISIONS

:cheer::cheer::cheer:Talk about divisions-ages-number/team,it just keeps growing.USASF hasn't removed a division or eliminated anything in years.What they have done is made scramble eggs & then made it tasty with cheese,onions,green peppers,mushrooms---basically thrown in everything but the kitchen sink. USASF have met the requests of the Event Producers, met the requests of the Coaches-Parents for the safety of the cheerleader. But it just keeps mushrooming in the TYPE OF DIVISIONS, NUMBER OF DIVISIONS, AGES IN THE DIVISIONS, SIZES OF THE TEAMS IN THE DIVISIONS, NUMBER OF MALES VS FEMALES IN THE DIVISIONS & I do remember the labels of Junior Prep,Senior Prep ect-at least it was understandable.

The USASF have listened to those in the Industry--Event Owners,Gyms&Coaches
even Parents. But sometime their need to Correct becomes the need to Create----MORE DIVISIONS---We have done the Senior Level 5 Open & the reasons for its
creation by the USASF was made with their heads and hearts in the right place. TOO BAD THE BIG GYMS HAVE AGAIN FOUND A WAY TO CREATIVELY USE IT TO THEIR ADVANTAGE WHEN IT WAS MEANT TO PROMOTE THE STRENGTHS OF THE SMALLER GYMS & LEVEL THE PLAYING FIELD SO TO SPEAK.

New idea--START OVER WITH DIVISIONS-SIMPLIFY-SIMPLIFY-SIMPLIFY. Make it easier to understand--be consistent instead of throwing another DIVISION at the wall and see if it sticks--combine-minimize-downsize.Now its just an idea-though one I have seen addressed many,many times on this Board.The USASF could learn alot when they read these posts--I wonder if they have ever used any of the ideas they read to facilitate change. From this Board to Gods Ear.

I do agree with the standing fulls, whip fulls or TT fulls for standing tumbling, these are legit level 5 skills in my opinion and should not be able to be performed on open 5....
....but running tumbling full through to full, arabian through to full and whip full should be allowed bc that is the stepping stone to level 5. You take those away then people MAY stay behind in their skills. I have girls that have combos to fulls but dont have doubles. Isnt that the point of this div. Stepping stone... I have read that some agree that this is what it was for!? But I agree one running pass should not be thrown in open 5 is Full, Full. To advanced for level open 5.

Does anyone know what changes / adjustments have been proposed to the Sr open 5 division for next season? Have any proposals been made? Who makes the proposals and how to the get to the powers that be?

I know I would like to see a few adjustments:
1. Standing tumbling - No standing fulls. No Jump to Fulls. Fulls must come from a bhs entry.
2. No tumbling out of fulls.
3. Needs a new name - Level 5 open is just confusing for parents and even some of the kids. Plus it need something to differentiate it from level 5 world's divisions.

Ok so I have thought about the tumbling portion of Senior open 5 and have changed my thoughts on what should/should not be allowed (also posted these ideas in another thread a while ago).

2. Running tumbling - Allow specialty passes to full and allow tumbling out of fulls but can not be connected flight skills. (Legal = Arabian thru to full, r/o bhs full bhs bhs full . Illegial = r/o bhs whip full, r/o bhs full full)

I thought the senior open division used to be levels 2-4...and what was the purpose of it? Was it kinda like an inbetween small and large sized division?

I thought the senior open division used to be levels 2-4...and what was the purpose of it? Was it kinda like an inbetween small and large sized division?

Open used to just mean it was 18 and under (no rule changes or size changes), While regular senior was 12 to 18.
Now level 5 is the only sr division with a bottom age cut off

Ok so I have thought about the tumbling portion of Senior open 5 and have changed my thoughts on what should/should not be allowed (also posted these ideas in another thread a while ago).

2. Running tumbling - Allow specialty passes to full and allow tumbling out of fulls but can not be connected flight skills. (Legal = Arabian thru to full, r/o bhs full bhs bhs full . Illegial = r/o bhs whip full, r/o bhs full full)

Looks like other people were thinking the same things! And these are BIG gyms too!!
http://usasf.net.ismmedia.com/ISM2//notesfrommeetings/L5_SrOpen_Tumbling_6_2_10.pdf

I wish I had seen this. I just said this in the Cheer News.

Back