Standing Back Tuck Help Please!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yaay, way to go!!

I dreamed that I threw my tuck for the first time on my own while sharing a warm up mat with my team and Senior Elite, haha best dream ever!

Due to easter break, our gym has been closed and I'm a little out of practice. Tonight is game night so no practice again. :/ I'll start again on friday finally!

Here we go again. ;)

Your rotation is steadily improving, nice job! I see that your "sit" is still keeping you forward. Try and unfold a panel mat to where it's only one flap and start with your toes on the edge. This will accomplish two things #1 it will keep you "back" and #2 will help you "flick" off of your toes! Good luck, can't wait to see the video with no spot and you land standing straight up!!!

yeah! Still am. :) I'll get a video in soon.
Haven't had much time to practice it and for the national team, I should rather learn a bhs but it's gotten better. Still need a spot, though.

I'm having trouble initiating the rotation quick/aggressive enough... :confused:

You're not really rotating completely. It seems you're getting scared, and then saying, "Don't bail! Don't bail!" You need to set high, tuck quickly, and flip it back.

Sooo... it's been a while and I just wanted to say that I'm still on it. ;) I've found a couple of people in their 20ies trying to get their tuck, too. This is what it looks like, when we've got the rare occasion to use a gym with tumbling equipment.
Just for fun, haha! ;)

Well, I don't know if it's realistic AT ALL but... I'll be turning 30 (aaaahhh :eek:) on April 12th and I want to get it by then. Doesn't have to be beautiful but you know... something that remotely resembles a standing tuck. ;)

P.S. I'm the one at the beginning and then later in blue Nike shorts (which my spot ripped apart last night, bohoo) and yellow shirt.

Der Back tuck. I don't know why I find that so funny. LOL.

i already looked really good so u should get it soon!
I started working on it 4 weeks ago, i really want to get it until i leave in july that would be awesome, but i'm worried working on it once a week for an hour isn't enough :(

We only have 5 min each practice... 3 times a week. It sucks, cause I think, I need much more time but it's better than nothing so I'll keep going even if it takes another 6 months. ^^

We only have 5 min each practice... 3 times a week. It sucks, cause I think, I need much more time but it's better than nothing so I'll keep going even if it takes another 6 months. ^^
ohh okay i shouldnt complain then i guess! keep us updated on your progress :)

i will :), i'm just scared bc in the 4 week christmas break i will only be able to tumble once , hopefully that doesn't mean i have to start from scratch again in january -.-

I think that you could try beginning with your arms straight out from you side, almost like a T, then pull them towards your "hips" and then straight forward/upwards. That will probably give you more height and it won't get you backwards.
Pull your arms really quickly upwards and with a lot of power, like you're hitting someone above your head.
When you've lifted, pull your knees towards you shoulders, and bring your hands to the hollows of the knees. It's now that you're supposed to "flick" you hips, think as if you where trying to push you hipbones backwards/inwards and the lower part of the butt forward.
Now just hold that position, and then really practice the landing, to save your knees.
A good landing as with your feet slightly apart, knees a bit bendt, straight back and your arms straight forward.

Now this was really messy, but I hope you get the point, and also, watch some gymnastic's tucks and their landings, it's the best tecnique and good luck to you getting your backtuck! :)

I took a break from it for a while. Been going to the gym instead of open gym. I figured losing some weight would help more then continueing to fail! Threw it last week with a spot for the first time in months and everything about it was better! I've dropped from around 230 pounds to 210ish.

I would love to see an update video Jule if you'll make one!!

I will, on friday! We had to practice so much for games that there was rarely any time. But I'm slowly starting to feel more confident. :D

Back