Standing Level 3 Tumbling

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 18, 2013
What would you consider a standing level 3 specialty pass? I know standing multiple BHS are legal and so are jumps to BHS, but would either of these count towards a specialty pass?

Thanks

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

What would you consider a standing level 3 specialty pass? I know standing multiple BHS are legal and so are jumps to BHS, but would either of these count towards a specialty pass?

Thanks

A specialty standing pass would be handspring handspring step out round off handspring tuck, or toe touch handspring stepout front walkover round off tuck, and other variations of things like that

A specialty standing pass would be handspring handspring step out round off handspring tuck, or toe touch handspring stepout front walkover round off tuck, and other variations of things like that

Those each are actually two passes - the first part (handspring/series step out) is standing and after the step out is running. Once you start moving forward, they become running passes.

@alexis_rae5 may I ask why you're looking for a standing tumbling "specialty" pass? Neither JamBrands or Varsity require (or define) specialty in standing; only Jam requires specialty to reach the max range in *running* tumbling. Are your coaches looking for handsprings connected to jumps?

We've used this in our opening for with a handful of kids and it's gotten great comments **when done well** (if timing is off or technique is bad, this is not something I would suggest)

BHS, BHS, TT, BHS, BHS. Everything is connected and the rebound from the 2nd bhs is used as the entry in the jump. If someone has slow backhandsprings without rebounds (bends their knees and jumps) will have a difficult time with this pass and it won't get the visual it should have.

Thanks

Go download our free CheerRX app and go to Program Development. It has two handouts we've used during our USASF Regional Meeting presentations. One is a progression chart. Enjoy! And you might be interested in sharing with all of your cheerleading friends that they can find multiple drills for each skill within each level and jumps.

Be blessed!

Back