Standing Tuck Conditioning??

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

my tumbling coach has me do tuck ups on the uneven bars at a gymnastics gym, it kills my hands but I did notice improvement.

lots of abs and legs!
vertical jumps, crunches, lemon squeezers, hollow body pull to tuck (if you get what i mean!)

abs abs abs....and both my daughters did this and helped with being consistent....commit to doing 5 or 10 everytime before you walk out of the gym...EVERYTIME....I have found that you kids just have to do a zillion of them..no short cuts

It kind of depends on which muscles are the strongest now. Try doing a hard day of tumbling like go to open gym and just work tucks for a long time. The next day, try to notice which muscles are sore. Those are the ones you need to strengthen and it will naturally make your tucks soooo much easier.

try doing them up onto a mat they will get easier land them 5 times then go a level lower untill ur at ground level works trust me thats what i did =)

abs abs abs....and both my daughters did this and helped with being consistent....commit to doing 5 or 10 everytime before you walk out of the gym...EVERYTIME....I have found that you kids just have to do a zillion of them..no short cuts
This! I've committed to doing minimum 10 tucks every training session, whether it's team training or partner sessions. My base knows and he makes sure I do them, no matter how grumpy or tired I am. It's especially hard when I'm tired because I pull up short and pinch my ankles, which makes me angry and pull through properly on the next ones.

Also helps if you find one thing that you can tell yourself to get over. For me, I have to think about my lower shins and flexed feet, or else I'll point my toes and land short. I also take an audible breath and kinda say "hhhhhuuuuhhpp!" makes everyone laugh at me but it helps me set and then pull.

This! I've committed to doing minimum 10 tucks every training session, whether it's team training or partner sessions. My base knows and he makes sure I do them, no matter how grumpy or tired I am. It's especially hard when I'm tired because I pull up short and pinch my ankles, which makes me angry and pull through properly on the next ones.

Also helps if you find one thing that you can tell yourself to get over. For me, I have to think about my lower shins and flexed feet, or else I'll point my toes and land short. I also take an audible breath and kinda say "hhhhhuuuuhhpp!" makes everyone laugh at me but it helps me set and then pull.
good job...you will improve a bunch.....so proud of you!!!

Back