Standing Tucks On Grass?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 17, 2011
I couldn't land my standing tuck on grass for the life of me today. Is it just a bad tumbling day or is grass actually hard to tumble on? Does this mean I wont be able to pull it off on regular cheer floor? (I'm used to spring floors)

Weird enough.. I don't have much of a problem with running tumbling or even standing back handsprings on grass.

I couldn't land my standing tuck on grass for the life of me today. Is it just a bad tumbling day or is grass actually hard to tumble on? Does this mean I wont be able to pull it off on regular cheer floor? (I'm used to spring floors)

Weird enough.. I don't have much of a problem with running tumbling or even standing back handsprings on grass.

when you do your standing tucks on spring floors do you step into it? because i got my standing tuck on spring floor and originally was nervous about having that same issue but i never step into them so the spring floor doesn't do anything for you in standing tumbling if you don't step into it.

Standing tucks/standing fulls/ standing bhs are all the same regardless of the floor your on. Spring floors dont give you anything extra for skills like that.

I know it doesn't do anything, thats why I was confused about it in the first place. No I don't step into it.

Really focus on driving your hips over your head at the very top of your set. Pull HARD! (I had the same issue!)

sometimes grass is harder to tumble on just because of the thought of it not being spring floor. when you think about it like that, you tend to psych yourself about a little bit so it's not as easy to land when you're scared that it's not what you're used to. no worries though, we all have weird days like that :)

Back