High School Starting A Competitive Team

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 10, 2013
In our school we only have a football cheerleading team and don't go to competions. A few girls and I are trying to get a competitive team going for the winter. If anyone can help me with information about pricing and stuff that would be awesome. We also want to go into the non-tumbling category for uca. we have very solid stunts and dance but no tumbling so any information on that would be great as well. We are in central new jersey if that's any help to the information. Thanks so much:)

In our school we only have a football cheerleading team and don't go to competions. A few girls and I are trying to get a competitive team going for the winter. If anyone can help me with information about pricing and stuff that would be awesome. We also want to go into the non-tumbling category for uca. we have very solid stunts and dance but no tumbling so any information on that would be great as well. We are in central new jersey if that's any help to the information. Thanks so much:)
I would recommend having your coach contact your varsity rep about information about local UCA competitions, pricing and the non tumbling division. Typically our UCA entry fees are $30 / girl for locals. Nationals is pretty pricey - right under $600 / girl not including travel or spending money.

Are you a coach or cheerleader? Either way you need to get your athletic directors blessing and guidance on what you would like to do. You would most likely need to establish yourself as a club in the school as its not an established sport.
Then the AD can give you guidance on next steps, like coaching certifications, tryouts etc.
you will probably have to work up to competitions especially so far away from home.

Are you a coach or cheerleader? Either way you need to get your athletic directors blessing and guidance on what you would like to do. You would most likely need to establish yourself as a club in the school as its not an established sport.
Then the AD can give you guidance on next steps, like coaching certifications, tryouts etc.
you will probably have to work up to competitions especially so far away from home.
I'm a cheerleader the thing is our coach and AD aren't very supportive of cheerleading.

If they aren't very supportive it could be difficult. You need the support of the school to be competitive. Go meet with them and see if you can change their mind by telling them how much it means to you and how much it would mean to school spirit! :)

Back