Steve Walls - Scotcheer - Needs Our Help!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 9, 2011
For those of you in the All-Star World and those of you who carry All-Star ♥'s... Steve Walls is an amazing USASF Hall of Fame Inductee, founder of the Scottish cheerleading association, ScotCheer, Vice president of the European Cheerleading Union, and a very dear friend.

Last year at Worlds, he collapsed and was given terrible news. A malignant brain tumor, then chemo 4x and the tumors are back. He needs treatment and he needs our help. Please read his wife Jo's plea and consider a gift that could save his life. It's times like this when I wish I was wealthy... Together with others we can be...and truly make a difference!

WeCHEER. WeDANCE. WeCARE. WeSHARE. ♥

Please give as much as you can, we don't have much time!

Message from Jo Walls

Steve is my husband . Last year at WORLDS he collapsed and had a seizure. After numerous tests in Celebration Hospital Florida over 5 days, they discovered a brain tumour. After flying back home to Scotland, Steve had 2 more grand mal seizures so doctors decided to operate and remove the tumour. Biopsy results revealed it was a Glioblastoma Grade 4. This is a very aggressive type of tumour and very life threatening. The prognosis wasn't good. Steve had 4 rounds of chemo and a very radical course of radiotherapy.

Steve is the most positive person I know. He has many friends around the world that we have met through Cheerleading. We own Scotcheer together. Steve is the hard worker and most spirited advocate for the advancement of Cheerleading and getting sports recognition. He works tirelessly for this cause and has continued to so even though he is battling for his life.

Steve's oncologist sent us home last week saying there is no more they can do for him . He has another tumour growing now at the front of his brain and his original tumour is progressing again. I have found a clinic in Germany that will accept him for immune vaccine therapy but it will cost £20,000 (26,000US) for the treatment. It's our last hope. He has to travel to the clinic for the vaccine to get made and stay there for 7 days until the 1st batch of vaccine has been made to administer. Time is of the essence now as Steve has deteriorated in the past few weeks.

We won't be going to worlds this year, but after the treatment, I plan to get him to the US if possible to visit as I know a large number of you would like to see and visit.

I'm hoping people who know and love him will join us to help get Steve this treatment. His friends list is vast and I know he has had a positive and lasting effect on each and every one of you. HE NEEDS YOUR HELP!

Please help us raise the funds for this treatment and to bring him to the US. No donation is too small.
www.youcaring.com/medical-fundraiser/Steve-s-Vaccine-Fund/48570

Back