All-Star Stp

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

alpaca

Cheer Parent
Apr 21, 2017
CP's gym is considering some bigger comps next season. And some may be STP. Can anyone share what the prices of rooms are at these events? And if they are generally 2 day events, are 2 nights required?

$150-$250 per night has been ours on average this season. I believe you can only do 1 day for most of them but it might vary by hotel. We travel a good distance to compete so it is always 2 days.

From what I noticed the hotels are pretty decent quality and about what we would pay for it any other weekend.

$150-$250 per night has been ours on average this season. I believe you can only do 1 day for most of them but it might vary by hotel. We travel a good distance to compete so it is always 2 days.

From what I noticed the hotels are pretty decent quality and about what we would pay for it any other weekend.

That seems very reasonable to me. In my own home town, I doubt I could find a hotel for that price near the Convention Center. I had the impression that the hotels were wildly overpriced.

This makes me feel better about the possibility of a STP comp. Airfare and ground transportation is another story.

I disagree on prices.....where we stayed if u booked online regular it wouod of been cheaper!

I just checked again using a hypothetical date next month to compare for 4 different STP hotels. None of the rates were cheaper than what we paid over the past season. Now we are limited to certain hotels which means you can't bargain shop.

My friend booked at the same Hotel as me for NCA. I used STP. She booked straight through the Hotel. My room was $24 more a night before taxes.

While STP isn’t my favorite thing, I will say there usually is a few options to choose from with varying prices and distance from venue. If I recall correctly, we had 2 options for NCA one walkable and almost $300/night with taxes and one further out but less than $200/night.

CP's gym is considering some bigger comps next season. And some may be STP. Can anyone share what the prices of rooms are at these events? And if they are generally 2 day events, are 2 nights required?

That totally depends on your compete time and the distance from your gym! We have only been to 1 2 day competition out of town that I didn't need 2 nights because CP competed at 3.

My friend booked at the same Hotel as me for NCA. I used STP. She booked straight through the Hotel. My room was $24 more a night before taxes.

According to a Sheraton corporate mom it all depends on what Housing is able to negotiate. Sometimes they are able to negotiate that prices can not be lower than STP, and other times they have an exception clause for contracts with sites like Travelocity that are guaranteed a certain amount of hotel rooms or, if too many people cancel their reservations in the block.

We are currently having the same issue as the poster above for our comp this weekend. The online room rate is $25 cheaper per night for a BETTER room than what I had to book for STP. I called the hotel to see if I could get an adjustment and/or room change and they said no becuase it was a contract rate and the room type wasn't in our block. :mad:

When the housing company that runs the EP's forced STP can give away a full paid bid to worlds at two separate competitions, you know how much profit is being made by forcing parents to pay increased prices and minimum stays. For NCA the hotel we stayed at prior to STP was nearly $100/night cheaper than what I have paid the past two years. My husband went early for business and paid $55 less for the same room the night before we checked in for our STP block - it's obvious the prices are inflated through STP.
One competition we went to offered hotel room blocks (not required STP though so kudos to them) also had another youth event happening at the same convention center. It was significantly cheaper to book through the other youth event than through the EP for the hotel connected to the convention center!
I have seen some EP's (some STP) offer room blocks at a discount to what you would pay booking directly, so it really does depend on the competition.

Back