All-Star Strengths Of Different Gyms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

BlueCat

Roses are red, cats are blue
Dec 14, 2009
(Prompted by a post in a different thread. I know my opinion, but curious what others think.)

Among the talked-about gyms (or any gym really), what (positive) trait stands out to you about each program that separate it from the others? What do they do different than the other gyms that sets them apart in your eyes? (Positive comments preferred)

example:

XYZ All Stars - clean, precise routines
ABC All Stars - innovative dances & pyramids
DEF All Stars - stunting difficulty
GHI All Stars - flashy performance

Okay, I want to try to think outside the box a little here.

Stingrays - dances. Most of my favorite dances are from Stingray teams.

Cali - High energy routines. They make it look easy and like they could go out and do it again and again.

just off the top of my head. :)

Spirit-amazing transitions and attention to detail
Stingrays-consistency of teaching skills the same across the board from levels 1-5, jump sequence transitioning, retention of athletes in their program
Cheer Athletics-tumbling masters, creative dance choreography, size gives them the ability to offer a team for almost every age and level, ALL INCLUSIVE PRICING (I wish every gym in the country did this)
World Cup-performance factor (you could dress them in gunny sacks and they would still work it out)

I have tried to model different aspects of my program after hybrids of many gyms. CA, CEA, Top Gun, WC, T&S, Stingrays, SOT, Brandon, Cali, the list goes on and on.
Things they all have in common? Discipline, respect and innovation.

Purely personal and esoteric viewpoint;
  • SOT - watching them always makes me feel like I do while watching ballet, they move so well together that they appear to be a lot of bodies sharing one mind.
  • GBE - because I grew up in Wisconsin, have lived in Green Bay and know all too well the cultural and geographic challenges Cherokee and her program has faced to get to where they are today.
  • CEA - Courtney's obvious love for her teams and her role.
  • Cheer Athletics - Every year there is one team that leaves me thinking that this is what it means to be perfect.
  • Cheer Alliance (IL) - their successfully setting a standard for their athletes that includes avoiding the negativity and drama of Illinois cheer (at least to my knowledge)
  • UA - well duh, just because it's UA and it's home. We made that choice for many reasons. ;)

Stingrays- jumps, clean
Top Gun- tumbling and transitions
Cheer Extreme- stunts and pyramid
Cheer Athletics- one thing? haha
Spirit of Texas- jumps
Maryland Twisters- tumbling
California- that "cali" vibe
Brandon- stunts
World Cup- performance

Stingrays- Jumps, and I agree that their dances are always wonderful.
Brandon- Stunting, absolutely.
ASR- Extremely clean.
Cheerforce- Performers definitely!
World Cup- Choreography is always so innovative.
Cheer Athletics- Everything always looks so great in the routine, but I feel like every team is so strategically stacked with a variety of kids that somehow work extremely well together. I know this is the strategy for most gyms, but it just amazes me, haha.
Maryland Twisters/Cali- Tumbling, I feel, is super strong.

I seriously could write a book on how I feel about every cheer team, so I'll leave it at that for now. I just love SOMETHING about every single team I see.

StingRays- super clean and strong from bottom to top
CA- well rounded, packed routines and strong in all areas
CEA- pyramids and creating tons of level 5 kids
Top gun- innovative choreography and fantastic coed teams
SOT-jumps
Brandon- stunts
Twisters tumbling and flash
Cali- all of the above but with that certain Cali swag

It would be interesting to hear if coaches within the programs would describe their own programs the same way

Back