All-Star Stress Fractures

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I had one in my back when I was still competing, along with other problems in my back. Basically I did what I had to do during the competition season and then took it easy when there was time for a break. I just think of pain as a mind over matter sort of thing. If I think I can do it then I just work through the pain. That and a lot of ibprofen followed by physical therapy. Not always the best idea though....I haven't cheered for a year and I still deal with the pain. But totally worth it to compete on the worlds floor.

i actually had a stress fracture on a vertibre. It was from being to arched in my handsprings and constantally doing them that way. i went through a whole season in severe pain and just dealing with it then i had to take off the whole summer cause of sickness and ankle injury. It got better but if i over do it on standing tumbling i feel it in my back and have to be very careful.

I had one in my back when I was still competing, along with other problems in my back. Basically I did what I had to do during the competition season and then took it easy when there was time for a break. I just think of pain as a mind over matter sort of thing. If I think I can do it then I just work through the pain. That and a lot of ibprofen followed by physical therapy. Not always the best idea though....I haven't cheered for a year and I still deal with the pain. But totally worth it to compete on the worlds floor.

same for me as i just explained. but i am still cheering and always have to be super careful it stinks but so worth it.

i had a stress fracture in my back last year it put me out of cheer for 2 months & since it was small & i waited out the time i was supposed to i was able to return on time but carefully. i had to see many doctors get different xrays/mri's etc & to this day i'm still really careful about doing certain things but weirdly enough after i got the stress fracture once i was able to tumble again all of my tumbling got better & cleaner i have no idea how..

Back