Stretching Tips/ Tumbling Consistency

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 1, 2013
I have to throw my sbhs in the opening of our routine. I can throw it by myself but once we add it into the routine, sometimes it hits, but sometimes it doesn't. What can I do to make it more consistant? Are there drills I can do to change this?

On a different note, I am in the front for jumps and I am off center by one window, but my coach wants to move me because despite the fact that I almost hyperextended jumps, it is difficult for me to point my toes. Are there any stretches I can do to help me fix this?

Thanks!

I have to throw my sbhs in the opening of our routine. I can throw it by myself but once we add it into the routine, sometimes it hits, but sometimes it doesn't. What can I do to make it more consistant? Are there drills I can do to change this?

On a different note, I am in the front for jumps and I am off center by one window, but my coach wants to move me because despite the fact that I almost hyperextended jumps, it is difficult for me to point my toes. Are there any stretches I can do to help me fix this?

Thanks!

Re: not hitting a skill in the routine that you can consistently hit outside of the routine - I'd suspect that was a conditioning/endurance issue - if my CP was doing this I'd suggest regular jumping jacks and cardio like running or a step climber.

Re: the feet in the jump - lol - if you were a dancer I'd suggest ballet, it's one of the few things that teaches people to encorporate good form into muscle memory.

Re: not hitting a skill in the routine that you can consistently hit outside of the routine - I'd suspect that was a conditioning/endurance issue - if my CP was doing this I'd suggest regular jumping jacks and cardio like running or a step climber.

Re: the feet in the jump - lol - if you were a dancer I'd suggest ballet, it's one of the few things that teaches people to encorporate good form into muscle memory.

Ok thanks!

Back