College Stunt National Championship (div I & Div Ii)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 15, 2012
Today & Tomorrow from Oklahoma City! More info: CollegeSTUNT.org
Tomorrow's championship games will be streamed LIVE for FREE on Varsity.com!

It starts at 1pm here: 2015 STUNT National Championship Live Stream

chamionship-logo-2015.png

I would just like to say that the University of Delaware is a very sharp and talented program that took me by surprise this weekend. I hadn't seen them before Friday and was pretty impressed. I also got to talk to some of the parents, and they were very sweet and supportive of every program there. I'm happy that I got the chance to meet some of them.

Congratulations to everyone this weekend!

I thought there were rules about competing at only one Nationals per year. Almost all of those teams competed at UCA or NCA.

Different teams from the same school
Are they really different teams? How many people crossover between them? Because OSU Cheer's twitter account tweeted about being National Champs and tweeted at Delaware's Cheer Twitter account. Same with Davenport. Certainly doesn't look like a different team on their website: Davenport University Athletics

It looks like a loophole where they just take their all girl cheer team and call it a stunt team and then miraculously it's okay because it's not the same team. But neither of those schools advertise a stunt team on their websites.

I think another loophole is that it is not the entire team?

Ex: UK had a partner stunt compete at NCA after their team competed at UCA but that was kosher because it was just a group, right?

Are they really different teams? How many people crossover between them? Because OSU Cheer's twitter account tweeted about being National Champs and tweeted at Delaware's Cheer Twitter account. Same with Davenport. Certainly doesn't look like a different team on their website: Davenport University Athletics

It looks like a loophole where they just take their all girl cheer team and call it a stunt team and then miraculously it's okay because it's not the same team. But neither of those schools advertise a stunt team on their websites.
I believe the difference is that they are categorized as separate sports. STUNT being a different format of cheerleading from Classic College Competition Cheer. I think, not 100% on this answer though

I believe the difference is that they are categorized as separate sports. STUNT being a different format of cheerleading from Classic College Competition Cheer. I think, not 100% on this answer though

I think you're right, but it's also in Jeff Webb's and Varsity's best interests to not enforce the rule.

What exactly is Classic College Competition Cheer?

Wise observation...maybe under club sports?

Wise observation...maybe under club sports?

No, it's almost certainly the same team. I think they get around it because it's Stunt and not Cheer. And, like I said, Jeff Webb and Bill Seely have an interest in not enforcing the rule.

Back