College Stunt Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We had one last year and were supposed to this year but rumor has it the university won't let us anymore bc they don't want to recognize cheer as a sport :(

This makes me sad :( Do you mind if I ask which school? Not trying to make any trouble, just may need to cross the school off the list as a possibility for college...if you do not wish to share, no worries.

This makes me sad :( Do you mind if I ask which school? Not trying to make any trouble, just may need to cross the school off the list as a possibility for college...if you do not wish to share, no worries.

no its okay, not even sure if it was on your list in the first place lol slippery rock university. if i happen to hear otherwise, i will keep you updated. but its looking like no stunt team this year :(

That makes me sad. What really needs to happen is ONE governing body. I think part of the reason why is because there are two groups competing to be the "boss".
Also, there needs to be a simultaneous push for HS and College. College ADs may be reluctant to add the program, because the sport doesn't really exist at the HS level, and HS ADs may be reluctant to add a team because there aren't many college programs. I think rather than starting at the College level and then looking to grow "down" to HS, they need to do both at once. And in all honesty.....that needs to happen by starting at the Rec level. Township teams need to add stunt programs so that these girls get "sucked in" early, and want to do Stunt instead of another competitive sport (field hockey, softball). This way when they get to the HS level, there is a demand for a team.

We had one last year and were supposed to this year but rumor has it the university won't let us anymore bc they don't want to recognize cheer as a sport :(
That sucks, but I guess I understand. A sport takes planning and funding to carry out and if I was an AD I wouldn't want to be forced to include STUNT in my budget just because I had a cheer team that could pull it off. It would probably throw off title IX numbers once it's an actual sport too. Maybe someday down the line it will be added at SRU.

no its okay, not even sure if it was on your list in the first place lol slippery rock university. if i happen to hear otherwise, i will keep you updated. but its looking like no stunt team this year :(
:( It was on the list, they offer reduced tuition to out of state students with a 3.0..bummer....

I saw on a press release that Oklahoma City and Oklahoma State will have Stunt teams...let me see if I can find it...there were a couple of other teams attending an event.

They still have a very competitive UCA team. Their allgirl placed second in division 2 at nationals last weekend.
Thanks, we did see that...watched all of the videos :) She is struggling with the concept of only competing once per year. However, she may end up liking it better...the search is tiring LOL

I saw on a press release that Oklahoma City and Oklahoma State will have Stunt teams...let me see if I can find it...there were a couple of other teams attending an event.
They are. OCU, OSU, and University of Central Oklahoma will be participating in a STUNT tournament at OCU on February 11th.

That sucks, but I guess I understand. A sport takes planning and funding to carry out and if I was an AD I wouldn't want to be forced to include STUNT in my budget just because I had a cheer team that could pull it off. It would probably throw off title IX numbers once it's an actual sport too. Maybe someday down the line it will be added at SRU.

its wishful thinking at least.... our school does absolutely nothing for our cheerleaders, its a shame. if we weren't club, it probably would have never existed in the first place. it sucks too because we actually have a pretty talented program. i know the number of kids that we bring into the university can't really justify things, but if they honestly took a look at how many kids make a decision to come for cheerleading, they'd be surprised. maybe we'd get a little more respect, or better yet, funding. HA. more wishful thinking....

:( It was on the list, they offer reduced tuition to out of state students with a 3.0..bummer....

yeah, that was a big reason they ended up at the top of my list. because of my GPA i was paying in state tuition even though i'm out of state, and scholarships made it even cheaper. plus the AT program is just phenomenal. I know you're looking into it for cheer reasons, but if you end up still interested in it in the long run, let me know, i'd be happy to answer questions :) good luck with your decision!

Latest posts

Back