Stunt Tournament

Discussion in 'College Cheerleading, NCATA, & STUNT' started by Megaphone, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Mightymouse34

Mightymouse34 They call me Susie

Shimmys Received:
    So both NCATA and Stunt are all-girl...whats going to happen to coed cheerleading? I just hope these organizations do not kill off competitive coed cheer.

2. Level5Mom

Level5Mom Best Parent

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Hopefully that won't happen. Hopefully this just opens up a new avenue for cheerleaders to choose if they want to follow the meet style format. It will be nice for cheerleaders to have options. I know my cp watched some of an A&T and a STUNT meet with me and didn't get excited about either one of them at all. She said she would miss the peformance side of cheerleading so much that she doesn't see herself going that route. I think she is not alone. I hope we can keep both around for many years to come. I also told her not to rule anything out yet, as she is only in the 8th grade lol. I do like that it opens up a ton of opportunity for girls in collegiate cheer!

3. ztaprincess

ztaprincess There are Cheeropedia articles about me!

Shimmys Received:
    I feel like a lot of girls are going to look at it like that. There is excitement in it but nothing like the excitement that is at NCA or UCA nationals. I can see the scholarship opportunities pulling girls in, but I see many girls not liking the format and sticking with the NCA/UCA style of cheer.

It is great to see them fighting for an opportunity for girls to pull in scholarships and all that jazz, but why not add coed in there somewhere? I know that it is all about fitting the Title IX stuff, but there are some amazing coed teams that should be recognized as well.

4. wcdad

wcdad I'm an announcer on CBS for Worlds (or should be)

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Industry Professional
    Verified Member:
    Michael Wiggins
    Xtreme Shots Photographer
    I think they should do the stunt format but still require a 2.5 min routine to be performed, that could count for say 25% on the total score. That way a team could win the "elements" and than there could be an "all around" champion.. It needs to evolve still, imo.

5. CheerFanatic

CheerFanatic Last Pass... on International Open 1

Shimmys Received:
    The last round is a 2.5 minute routine and it is worth 3 times the points of the first 3 rounds

6. MissBee

MissBee Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Industry Professional
    I feel like it's so dry and so "blah" that girls will give it a go for a year, and then leave the stunt team for a traditional team that competes at UCA or NCA. Also, I just can't imagine doing college cheer without being on the sidelines of the games.

7. Bmb523

Bmb523 Cheer Stalker

Shimmys Received:
    Well Louisville is competing at NCA like they always do and Morehead just won UCA while both participating in the first Stunt comp.

8. Sitz_Lamos

Sitz_Lamos I shimmy daily

Shimmys Received:
    and both schools cheer games!

9. Megaphone

Megaphone I'm new. Don't Hurt Me

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    If you're going to CHEERSPORT this weekend, you should definitely go to the three STUNT Tournaments at the Georgia World Congress Center!Here are the details-

Friday February 18th- 6:30PM in Hall B5: Georgia Southern vs. University of Georgia

Saturday February 19th- 4PM in Hall C3&4: NC State University, UNC Chapel Hill, Methodist University, and Morgan State University

Saturday February 19th- 6:30 PM: Morehead State Unversity, University of Louisville, West Virginia University, and University of Florida

If you can't make it, but want to know who's winning, follow @STUNTtheSport on Twitter!