High School Stunting On Basketball Floor???

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 5, 2011
Are there any rules about stunting on a basketball floor for High School Cheer. I am in PA, if that matters. Does the Coach "have" to be Safety Certified for her team to be able to stunt. And what all are they allowed to do? Extensions? Basket tosses?

CoachKelly I cheer in PA, and at basketball games, we usually only do simple stuff, extensions, libs, maybe a fast full rewind. Our pyramid we just do a braced front flip. I'm not sure if there are any rules about it, but my coach is certified.

I'm in Missouri, but it may depend on your schools own rules. Like, my school you have to have a coach present at all times when you're stunting anything, an you can't do basket tosses or flips without a mat. But as long as the stunt is solid and consistantly going up fine, we stunt without mats. Mainly libs, extensions, full downs

AACCA is the gorverning body (along with the NFHS) for high school cheer. Their rules and regulation can be found HERE

All skills allowed in these rules are allowed on basketball floor with 3 exceptions

The following skills are only allowed on a mat, grass or rubberized track surface.
  1. Basket tosses, elevator/sponge tosses and other similar multi-based tosses.
  2. Partner stunts in which the base uses only one arm to support the top person.
  3. Twisting tumbling skills (Arabians, full twisting layouts, etc.). The exception to this rule is the following:
    1. Cartwheels, roundoffs and aerial cartwheels are allowed on surfaces other than a mat, grass or rubberized track.

Back