High School Summer Camps

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Cover music is why I find dance competitions to be snooze fests---if they do this to cheer, I think it'll hurt the industry WAY more than coughing up the money for royalties!

We are doing home camp. Least amount of money to get what I want out of it: "credentialling" and "qualify for Gameday." I don't care about any of the other crap they claim you get from attending cheer camp.

My kids say "it's good team bonding." I say BS...they couldn't stand each other after four days in the "Happiest Place on Earth," much less four days in an archaic college dorm.

We are doing home camp. Least amount of money to get what I want out of it: "credentialling" and "qualify for Gameday." I don't care about any of the other crap they claim you get from attending cheer camp.

My kids say "it's good team bonding." I say BS...they couldn't stand each other after four days in the "Happiest Place on Earth," much less four days in an archaic college dorm.
We've not gone to UCA camp more than we have throughout the years. I personally prefer not to go, so boring for coaches and it disrupts my everyday life. We go for 2 reasons though - 1 to get them away from our town, parents, friends, boyfriends etc. 2 - for the competitive environment. As much as I hate to admit our most competitive seasons have been years we've gone to camps. I think it's largely because we put them in the competitive environment and break them down to exhaustion so early in the season. They really learn to work together as a team and get the job done. Home camps don't push the urgency that facing other teams does. Just my personal experience.

The main thing is everyone may hate each other and that's suppose to teach them to work with people they don't like. Plus a bad camp experience can bring funny stories for later (Of course stuff like it rained the whole time,got locked out of the room,etc.) I do understand the idea of a home camp though, it's more personalized and it does have the added benefit of being your own. But personally I would do an away camp, you'd just have to find an affordable one and one that works for your needs.

The main thing is everyone may hate each other and that's suppose to teach them to work with people they don't like. Plus a bad camp experience can bring funny stories for later (Of course stuff like it rained the whole time,got locked out of the room,etc.) I do understand the idea of a home camp though, it's more personalized and it does have the added benefit of being your own. But personally I would do an away camp, you'd just have to find an affordable one and one that works for your needs.

We will never go away to camp as long as I'm coaching. I'd rather have a proctologist named Doctor hook

Anyone receive word on music moving to the "cover" song rule for comp as they are asking for camp home routines?
Wouldn't surprise me if VROC! makes some exclusive deals or something to corner the cover music market for cheer mixes so they can offer it at a lower price than everyone else or something.

Wouldn't surprise me if VROC! makes some exclusive deals or something to corner the cover music market for cheer mixes so they can offer it at a lower price than everyone else or something.
I'm asking because I'm a planner... I'm getting my music mixed as we speak.. And I'm nervous

I'm asking because I'm a planner... I'm getting my music mixed as we speak.. And I'm nervous
Wow! Already getting mixed? Do you do music before choreo or do you mean you're just booking your music to be produced?

And to answer the question I haven't heard anything, but I have not asked either. I truly hope not! Our music producer does custom anyways (one season was full custom, last year was partial) but I still would hate for this to become a required thing.

I talked to my music guy via Facebook today. We can get 1:30 of fully custom lyrics with his artists for $750. I don't know what everyone else's feelings are, but this is reasonable for our situation.

ETA: I really like the guy and I'd rather give more money to him, than less money to the Varsity machine

That's awesome! I wonder who his artists are? Do you know?

Wow! Already getting mixed? Do you do music before choreo or do you mean you're just booking your music to be produced?

And to answer the question I haven't heard anything, but I have not asked either. I truly hope not! Our music producer does custom anyways (one season was full custom, last year was partial) but I still would hate for this to become a required thing.
We get music mixed before Choreo.
We Choreo to music... Have used the same company that we LOVE for years.
This year we are wanting to do V ROC for full Choreo for UCA (this includes music) but are waiting to hear back on our choreographer and booking. Noticed they added tons of choreographers (thought to myself... Expecting a flux of new business?!?!?!)... They also revamped their site.
I really don't want to stray from my music company. I had very specific songs we wanted...
((Sigh))
Told you I was a planner.

We get music mixed before Choreo.
We Choreo to music... Have used the same company that we LOVE for years.
This year we are wanting to do V ROC for full Choreo for UCA (this includes music) but are waiting to hear back on our choreographer and booking. Noticed they added tons of choreographers (thought to myself... Expecting a flux of new business?!?!?!)... They also revamped their site.
I really don't want to stray from my music company. I had very specific songs we wanted...
((Sigh))
Told you I was a planner.
I think VRoc does the music for you as part of the package, therefore you wouldn't use your normal guy. You would still get input on the songs you want and where. Could be wrong, I haven't personally used them. Pretty sure they do choreo first and then do the music to 8 count sheets.

I don't think I could do music first! It would be a challenge for sure!

I think VRoc does the music for you as part of the package, therefore you wouldn't use your normal guy. You would still get input on the songs you want and where. Could be wrong, I haven't personally used them. Pretty sure they do choreo first and then do the music to 8 count sheets.

I don't think I could do music first! It would be a challenge for sure!
We have multiple comp teams this year... 1 team, regardless... Will need music, regardless as both teams will not be V Roc Choreo'd. I love having music first.. It inspires me.

So I emailed my varsity rep... I explained how Legitmix works in hopes that I might get away with using it instead of the watery cover versions on the UCA recommended website. I asked if this was allowable and if I can use it. Her response... "I would think so." My issue isn't with my rep. It's that Varsity/UCA clearly hasn't communicated fully on such a big issue. I can't get ahold of my state rep. 2 voicemails and emails and I haven't heard a word. Anyone else have new news/clarifications?

Back