All-Star Summer Practices

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 15, 2009
Team I coach is going to Europeans in one week. Until then we have practice every day for 3 hours.
In the gym is hot as hell and they are dying.

My question is how to keep them motivated and make them do 100% every time we do full out?

Does your gym have fans or air conditioning?

As silly as it sounds, maybe offer popsicles or something at the end of practice or keep bowls of fresh/chilled fruit ready for in between run throughs and drink breaks.. Maybe have a cooler of ice and gatorades and provide them with one a day.. AFTER they complete X amount of full outs..

yikes. a method that always works on my team is when the coach tells us its quality vs quantity. so maybe telling them they have to hit 2 full outs (or however many) instead of saying we have to do __ full outs. i think this pushes us to do our best in full outs because we know if we hit it, we can be done instead of doing 5 more. plus quality over quantity is a very good method if its that hot! you dont want to push them to the passing out point, but you want to still get work done. good luck to your team!

Try to get some fans in there and give them frequent breaks to make sure they don't get overheated.

I agree with the quality over quantity thing. Hit it twice and be done. With the heat and exhaustion it would be really bad for someone to get hurt on attempted full out number six because they were tired

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

What always motivated me was hearing if you all throw and land your tumbling x amount of times you don't have to do it for the rest of the full outs. But everyone has to do it.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Keep them hydrated & get some fans!!!! The last thing you need is kids passing out. You'll need to give them plenty of breaks.
What my coach does is if we don't throw/hit something in our full out we have to do it six times perfectly before we can leave (this includes stunts-which kinda sucks for the rest of the group sometimes but it teaches teamwork) Eventually they will realize that it's easier to hit all their skills in the full out than it is to do it 6 times over.

Back