Summer Stunt Tip Tuesday!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 21, 2015
Click For Full Article

with Kenny La from Australia​

Hey guys! I’ve been cheering for a number of years now and this sport has given me so many unique experiences & opportunities that I’d never thought possible. For that reason I want to utilise what I’ve learnt over the years and give back to the cheer community that has given me so much!

So I’m starting a little thing called “Stunt Tip Tuesdays” where I’m going to upload a short video every Tuesday on a hint or tip that I’ve personally found has helped me a great deal in my stunting. Hopefully, these tips can help you just as much as they’ve helped me
1f600.png

The very first tip oddly enough is not a stunting video
1f914.png
but rather an exercise that has helped me a lot with my strength & technique. We spend so much time using those ‘pushing’ muscles when we stunt, it sometimes creates an imbalance in your body which can lead to injuries. We need to even it out by working on those ‘pulling’ muscles and pull-ups are an amazing multi-joint, compound exercise that will improve your stunting greatly.

Lifting someone overhead properly requires a large amount of strength & stability in your back & core muscles. The pull-up is an optimal exercise that targets those muscles – particularly the lats, the deltoids (back part of shoulders), the triceps and the abdominal muscles.

Holding stunts out in front of you and/or arching your back a lot while stunting is a clear sign that your upper back and core muscles are not where they need to be. So jump on a bar and start pumping out those pull-ups! Make sure your grip is wide & overhand (palms facing away from you) so you’re getting the most out of your back muscles! If you can’t do too many at the start, that’s ok, just keep at it!

Alternative exercises to the pull-up are wide grip lat pulldowns & seated rows. If you don’t have access to a gym or any equipment, handstand holds are also a great way to strengthen those back, shoulder & core muscles
1f4aa.png

Thanks for taking the time to read this post (sorry about the essay
1f60c.png
) and watch the video. If you have any questions about stunting, feel free to message me and stay tuned for more Stunt Tip Tuesday videos
270c.png

Back