Summer Stunt Tip Tuesday

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 21, 2015
Click For Full Article

with Kenny La from Australia​

Hey everyone! Today we’re talking about failure. I’ve previously posted about the topic of failure but today I’m going to condense it down to 3 main reasons why I personally think it is so important.

FAILURE = EXPERIENCE

The only way to build and gain experience is to be consistent and studious. There is no doubt that while you build that experience you will fail many times. The failure is essential because it creates a deeper understanding of your craft and allows us to self-reflect which in turn opens the path to continual improvement. I have personally failed at many competitions. I’ve also done very well at some too. But the experience gained through failure has taught me that the successful comps were made possible because of the unsuccessful ones.

FAILURE = KNOWLEDGE

Failure and mistakes can be painful. However, the knowledge we receive from that pain is invaluable. Stunting is physically and mentally taxing. Whether it’s getting an injury of feeling embarrassed/scared for dropping a stunt, it hurts. Understanding why those things happened and how to fix those mistakes so they don’t happen again is essentially failure allowing you to become a more knowledgeable and better athlete.

FAILURE = STRENGTH

Determination and resilience are traits that are highly sought after in a sport like cheer where perfection is constantly demanded. However we need to understand that these traits only exist through failure, Gonare the lofty expectations that things will happen overnight, and in comes the expectation that true success will take an enormous amount of work and effort—THAT is the true strength bred from failure.

As much as we don’t want it to be the case, failyre will be a constant in your life. The difference between good and great athletes/teams are those that have been through the fire and come out scarred but determined to go through again.

We have to fail, fail, fail in order to succeed, win and achieve.

Back