All-Star Summit 2014

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Our small youth 1 tied for fourth. They also got a banner that day. I am sorry they didn't get your banner that day!

I heard of other teams that were getting the banners sent to them as well. I wonder if they will do something to prevent this next year or if ties are going to become more common.

what happened to the updates? Does anyone know if Cheerupdates/cheerupdates 2 gets paid by the EPs or if it is just something they do as a hobby? If it is just a hobby then we can't expect full coverage, but if they are getting paid they were lacking on the Summit updates.

This is late, but I have wondered this as well. They travel all over the country, are they getting paid or is all that out of pocket?

@stuntjumptumble i saw your team on the live feed on Sunday & thought they looked great.
And honestly felt you should have placed higher. Actually a lot of the placements in the division confused me.
Thank you so much!! Yeah there were some questionable things in our division such as rockstar not making day 2 and I think PCM's placement should've been higher as well. However I am so happy we made it to finals and had the opportunity to compete with the best senior 3 teams:)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

congrats on making it to day 2...

Thank you!

Maybe there were so many ties (Some divisions even had 11 in finals due to ties) they ran out or something? Regardless, just happy to receive one, even if late. Maybe we can get a blow up palm tree for the picture once we get it? LOL.

This may have already been asked and I apologize if it has, but our gym going to accept at large bids for the Summit going forward. Cp's team attended the first year on a paid bid and that included a 4 day park hopper with ESPN entrance, she was never able to attend the parks. If you receive an at large bid are you required to purchase the 4 day hopper/ESPN pass for the athlete or do you have solely an ESPN option for the competition?

This may have already been asked and I apologize if it has, but our gym going to accept at large bids for the Summit going forward. Cp's team attended the first year on a paid bid and that included a 4 day park hopper with ESPN entrance, she was never able to attend the parks. If you receive an at large bid are you required to purchase the 4 day hopper/ESPN pass for the athlete or do you have solely an ESPN option for the competition?

Yes (I feel like it's 3-days, though)

It's 260 and it's the park hopper, but it might be 3 days, though, but not sure. CP has been super fortunate to earn a Summit ring back to back these past two seasons, but she is super angry with her mother because she has never been to Disney during the Summit. :rolleyes: I have used the "we're here to compete and your sister is at home, we're not going to Disney" excuse. But a bunch of her teammates stayed and went to Disney on Monday this year. If she makes it on another at large next year, I am sure she will be trying to make sure we stay on Monday so she can "finally" go to the park, too.

ETA: After re-reading question. The only option for the at large is the 260 which comes with the park hopper. No cheaper option if you don't want to go to the park.

Last edited:
I think athletes pass automatically comes with hopper. Unless crossing over which pays a much smaller athlete fee

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think the only way to attend without having the park hopper is to go with the commuter package which means you would be staying off property. If you were to go that direction I will say that transportation can get a little tricky without a rental car.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think the only way to attend without having the park hopper is to go with the commuter package which means you would be staying off property. If you were to go that direction I will say that transportation can get a little tricky without a rental car.

We already live in FL, 2.5 hours from Orlando, so we drove and stayed off property. I think we were within a mile. Even with the commuter package, your CP still gets the park hopper. You have to buy the celebration wrist band for 35 if you plan on attending the party. It is free to park at WWOS, which I appreciate greatly. But when it was pouring rain on Saturday, only buses and taxis and car services were able to pull down and drop folks off. I put a solid 3 hours into CP's hair for cheer, I would have hired a cab day 1 if I would have realized they weren't going to let DH pull down and drop us off before parking. I made her cover her hair with a grocery sack and she was mortified!!! Curls and pouf do not like rain!

Thank you so much!! Yeah there were some questionable things in our division such as rockstar not making day 2 and I think PCM's placement should've been higher as well. However I am so happy we made it to finals and had the opportunity to compete with the best senior 3 teams:)

Thanks for the vote of confidence for Rockstar. That was my CP's team. I haven't been on for a while as we have our high stakes testing this week (I'm a teacher). It was our first time at the Summit and at Disney. We had a great time!!!! Honestly having another day in the park was awesome!!!!! You guys did a super job out there and I'm so glad ya'll had a great time!

Back