All-Star Summit 2014

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Thanks for the vote of confidence for Rockstar. That was my CP's team. I haven't been on for a while as we have our high stakes testing this week (I'm a teacher). It was our first time at the Summit and at Disney. We had a great time!!!! Honestly having another day in the park was awesome!!!!! You guys did a super job out there and I'm so glad ya'll had a great time!
That makes me so excited that your cp is on rockstar!!! The first day the coach gave is a pep talk backstage and after we competed we hung out and made friends with a bunch of rockstar girls. We were so dissappinted when they didn't make finals. The second day, a couple of girls and coaches talked to us backstage as well. We ran off the floor with the \m/ symbol to support you guys. The sportsmanship between the teams this weekend was just incredible!!!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

One thing I wish could happen is a little more space between Worlds and Summit. Having kids in both comps was difficult on the pocketbook and school schedule. Testing is going on here during this time. I am a realist and know it isn't going to happen.

This may have already been asked and I apologize if it has, but our gym going to accept at large bids for the Summit going forward. Cp's team attended the first year on a paid bid and that included a 4 day park hopper with ESPN entrance, she was never able to attend the parks. If you receive an at large bid are you required to purchase the 4 day hopper/ESPN pass for the athlete or do you have solely an ESPN option for the competition?
I started a tread about gym changes for 2014/2015 and one of the things I was specifically wondering is if gyms were going to open up more to at large bids instead of only accepting paid bids. I think it is hard to get any bid to summit due to the number of teams/levels involved.

I heard a rumor that some gym owners are going to try and boycott summit this year because they want it to be earlier in the season...wut

I heard a rumor that some gym owners are going to try and boycott summit this year because they want it to be earlier in the season...wut
Lol what... I'm sure there are plenty of gyms who will happily accept their rejected bids.
It is a little ridiculous to have it the week before ap testing starts. My mom probably wouldn't let me go. AP Psych test starts at 8 AM on Monday. So you're either dead tired for it or have to make it up later (would they even let you do that for a cheer comp?). No thank you.

Do I think it would be easier if it were earlier, sure. Here in NJ, the major testing for students starts the Monday after. Also, gyms that have a worlds team are leaving their Summit teams for a week. However, if Summit is the week before Worlds, Summit coaches are leaving their Worlds teams for a week. No win. I'd love for Worlds to be the end of the season, but I won't say no to a bid to try and make that happen. I'll take the boycotted teams bids thank you very much.

Do I think it would be easier if it were earlier, sure. Here in NJ, the major testing for students starts the Monday after. Also, gyms that have a worlds team are leaving their Summit teams for a week. However, if Summit is the week before Worlds, Summit coaches are leaving their Worlds teams for a week. No win. I'd love for Worlds to be the end of the season, but I won't say no to a bid to try and make that happen. I'll take the boycotted teams bids thank you very much.
Boycotts only work if everyone participates which I am sure that will never happen! I don't know the answer short of holding both Worlds and Summit after schools are out or at least most of them. That would have allowed us (at least this year) to stay through both events and not have to incur the added expense of flying twice.

Back