Schedule

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 16, 2021
Hi- we’re new to Allstar. We received a wild card bid to summit and im freaking out about what to do. Due to Covid, in NC football was pushed back from fall to spring and the semi-final state championships are the same day as summit. My daughters boyfriend is a senior and she cheers varsity and we REALLY don’t want to miss if our school makes it to the semi-finals. We usually get eliminated 3rd round but I think we have a good chance.
Sadly, we won’t know until a week before. Does anyone know WHEN they will release the block schedule for summit? I hate to tell her allstar coach we’re not coming, she gets taken out of the routine, snd then high school doesn’t make it

I’m pretty much willing to spend whatever to fly her back and forth if it will work out with the times. I am so torn about what to do!!

One, Congrats on a bid! That is not an easy thing to get!
a chance to head to the summit can be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. I would personally not pull her from her All-Star team for a football game! Is there any way She can watch the game from her summit hotel?
Plus, pulling her and forcing them to change the routine will burn bridges with your Allstar program, make them think she is untrustworthy, and hurt her chances of being on a good team next season. Just things to think about
Also, on the summit block schedule, not sure exactly when it will be released, but it's normally not until closer to the competition. Plus, if her Allstar team moves on, she will probably have practices she cant miss to fly home, watch a game, and fly back.

a chance to head to the summit can be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. I would personally not pull her from her All-Star team for a football game! Is there any way She can watch the game from her summit hotel?
Plus, pulling her
Plus, pulling her and forcing them to change the routine will burn bridges with your Allstar program, make them think she is untrustworthy, and hurt her chances of being on a good team next season. Just things to think about
Also, on the summit block schedule, not sure exactly when it will be released, but it's normally not until closer to the competition. Plus, if her Allstar team moves on, she will probably have practices she cant miss to fly home, watch a game, and fly back.

Thanks for your reply. Very valid concerns. We can watch the game via live stream, but of course she won’t be there to cheer, so either way I feel like we’re burning bridges, she still has 2 more years of high school cheer.

I don’t think our team will advance- I feel like we got lucky at a small comp with not much competition. Our gym hasn’t gone in years, so I wasn’t expecting it- and of course- when we committed to AllStar in the summer, we still thought Football would happen in the fall...

I would feel so terrible for our team having to change the routine- and shes a flyer. But I would also feel bad for missing the game (partially because she cheers and partially because it’s probably his last game ever- they’ve been dating a year and a half.).

tough call for us- I appreciate your thoughts and recommendation on it. Hopefully we can make a decision in the next few weeks. I think we’ll have to do summit because there’s not even a guarantee FB will make it to semi finals. Thanks!

Hi- we’re new to Allstar. We received a wild card bid to summit and im freaking out about what to do. Due to Covid, in NC football was pushed back from fall to spring and the semi-final state championships are the same day as summit. My daughters boyfriend is a senior and she cheers varsity and we REALLY don’t want to miss if our school makes it to the semi-finals. We usually get eliminated 3rd round but I think we have a good chance.
Sadly, we won’t know until a week before. Does anyone know WHEN they will release the block schedule for summit? I hate to tell her allstar coach we’re not coming, she gets taken out of the routine, snd then high school doesn’t make it

I’m pretty much willing to spend whatever to fly her back and forth if it will work out with the times. I am so torn about what to do!!

It does sound like a tough decision. Summit might go virtual... I would wait & see for a while.

Back