All-Star Summit Bid Declarations 2018

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

well, it looks like very few youth teams will be winning paid bids.
I re-read the bid declaration and it reads to me that at the 3 paid/5 at large events the highest scoring youth team gets one of the paid bids? The paragraph mentions age groups and if there isn't an eligible team in specific age group it can go to another age group.

The other thing that is interesting is there is no mention of placement it's just highest scoring, so if a particular judging panel is scoring higher than the other it could really effect bids.

The other thing that is interesting is there is no mention of placement it's just highest scoring, so if a particular judging panel is scoring higher than the other it could really effect bids.
Wow that never crossed my mind.
CHEERSPORT Nationals is certainly classic for doing this exact thing. Scores from one hall and even one day to the next are always the subject of a side eye.

I re-read the bid declaration and it reads to me that at the 3 paid/5 at large events the highest scoring youth team gets one of the paid bids? The paragraph mentions age groups and if there isn't an eligible team in specific age group it can go to another age group.

Am I reading it wrong? The only guarantee that I see for youth is wildcard bids. I see that each level will be awarded bids, but it is still hard for youth to outscore junior and senior teams.

Am I reading it wrong? The only guarantee that I see for youth is wildcard bids. I see that each level will be awarded bids, but it is still hard for youth to outscore junior and senior teams.

The wording on events with 3 Paids and 5 At Large sounds like it "should" go to Youth/Junior/Senior for the paids just like WC. However, it is also worded vague enough that they could technically get away with doing any combination of 3 teams as long as all 3 are not in the same age group (i.e. 2 junior 1 senior or 2 senior 1 junior). It says the paids will be awarded to the "three highest scores across different age groups."

Last edited:
The wording on events with 3 Paids and 5 At Large sounds like is "should" go to Youth/Junior/Senior for the paids just like WC. However, it is also worded vague enough that they could technically get away with doing any combination of 3 teams as long as all 3 are not in the same age group (i.e. 2 junior 1 senior or 2 senior 1 junior). It says the paids will be awarded to the "three highest scores across different age groups."

yep- the "across" is what makes me suspicious. Thank you Matty!

It's a much better system than in previous years, but it still doesn't factor different judging panels. Not sure there is a way to get around that though.

It will be interesting to see when the comp schedules come out if teams are placed in arenas based on the declaration.

I could be wrong, but the way I'm interpreting the whole "if there's not a team eligible" is that it will come into play later in the season when the top ranking teams by age group and geographic area will already have their paid bids. If by chance at a 3 Paid/5 AL event the highest ranking 3rd place team was a Youth 3 that already had a Paid bid, and the 4th ranking team was a J2 and the next Youth team was 8th, the wording would prevent them from having to give the 8th place Youth team the Paid bid over the 4th place J2. IMO, that's fair, they're giving the first opportunity by age level, and after that, it is going to the team with the highest score.

I miss the bid announcements at comp. it really isn't the same feeling for kids watching it on a screen from home or at the gym.

Before the reveals, cp's found out about every bid they had won on Twitter in the car. I'm torn on this one, because I don't want to have to pay for another night in a hotel, miss school, or burn a vacation day by staying until the end of the comp, especially if they didn't win, they competed early and we have a long drive. But, at the last reveal, it was delayed it until 9:00 or 10:00 PM and we found out as a family all piled in cp's bed with the laptop. :confused: Do a lot of gyms make their teams stay until the very end at travel comps?

This topic is interesting and what I took away from it was that with them limiting Youth Paid opportunities could there be another event "split" For example there is already a D1 and D2 Summit and Worlds is exclusive to Level 5, IOC, and 6 right now and the international division is growing each season, heck they may have to eventually carve them out too...LOL But could there possibly be a "Youth" Summit on the horizon? I would imagine it would become it's own entity like Pop Warner cheerleading except an All Star version maybe? IDK

But could there possibly be a "Youth" Summit on the horizon? I would imagine it would become it's own entity like Pop Warner cheerleading except an All Star version maybe? IDK
A separate Summit for Youth levels 1-5? Golly, I hope not :eek:

Back