All-Star Summit Bid Declarations 2018

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I saw the dates on these. Is there anyway someone would already have a bid? Someone mentioned they have one already??? Maybe they meant d2?
The only competition that I know of that used to give Deferred bids (sea to sky in Vancouver, BC), stopped last season so I wouldn’t think any deferred summit bids are floating around anymore.

I saw the dates on these. Is there anyway someone would already have a bid? Someone mentioned they have one already??? Maybe they meant d2?

They specifically said they already have a 2018 Summit bid? D2 events aren't any earlier than the ones linked above.

They specifically said they already have a 2018 Summit bid? D2 events aren't any earlier than the ones linked above.
Hmmm. They said they had a bid and were fundraising for it. Maybe it is hoping for a bid and started fundraising early?????

D2 bids are given out during choreography (and skill camps) I believe. So if any of those occured during the summer, it is possible that someone already has a D2 WC bid.

D2 bids are given out during choreography (and skill camps) I believe. So if any of those occured during the summer, it is possible that someone already has a D2 WC bid.

What??? So teams can get bids without even going to a competition? What qualifies them to get a bid? They pay for camp and get a bid? Doesn't this devalue the "prestige" of summit? Maybe I'm missing something... I hope I'm missing something.

I've never heard of the camp mentioned, and I'm surprised how low budget their website appears when it says "A Varsity Brand" right at the bottom. Were they recently acquired or something?

I'm fine with a camp qualification process like they do in the college nationals world, but transparency should be required. "Minimum of 10" is not clear. How many gyms utilize this camp? What percentage of teams are getting bids? Are they soliciting business with the promise of bids? I know it's a wildcard bid only and I doubt every team who signs up gets a bid, but the lack of information is shady.

I thought i read on here that these teams need to send in a video that gets scored and based on that, they hand out bids.
Not 100% sure on that though..

Back