All-Star Summit Bid Declarations 2018

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

In the bd announcements today there were a bunch of "PURE Technique Camps" bids. What are those? Is that a competition? It was a completely odd mix and I was surprised to see so many wildcard bids being awarded in October?

In the bd announcements today there were a bunch of "PURE Technique Camps" bids. What are those? Is that a competition? It was a completely odd mix and I was surprised to see so many wildcard bids being awarded in October?
Apparently Summit bids are being offered at camps that teams pay to go to. Varsity being Var$ity :confused:

They've done it with USA high school nationals and I think they did it for UCA nationals in the mid 2000s. It's convenient for teams in areas where the closest bid competition is more than one state/province/a 4+ hour plane trip away. At least, that what I hope their intentions were when they made it a thing for the Summit. I may be too optimistic, though.
But submitting a video u could send THE video that is clean and the best, unlike a competition. Not fair at all.

The only competition that I know of that used to give Deferred bids (sea to sky in Vancouver, BC), stopped last season so I wouldn’t think any deferred summit bids are floating around anymore.
It appears that at least 5 deferred bids were just awarded for the new D1 Summit divisions. Natural Venom got two, NW Silverstars got one, South Elite got one and one went to a gym in Canada.

So- I'm a little confused. It seems like a team that was awarded an AL summit bid recently had previously been awarded a WC. I thought that at the comp the gym/coaches had to specify what types of bid they are willing to accept, so that by the time the reveal is put together it was kinda locked in that the team was accepting the bid. Am I way off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So- I'm a little confused. It seems like a team that was awarded an AL summit bid recently had previously been awarded a WC. I thought that at the comp the gym/coaches had to specify what types of bid they are willing to accept, so that by the time the reveal is put together it was kinda locked in that the team was accepting the bid. Am I way off?

You're not off. This actually happened at a comp our gym went to last season and I had to call the competition to inform them of their mistake after the bid reveal. The actual gym themselves who "upgraded" didn't even seem to know the rules...either that or they didn't say anything. But good thing I called because it ended up being my youth 1's bid that I coached! So the mistakes do happen and that's honestly probably what it is.

I’m honestly confused on the “provisional” international level summit bids given out. How can a junior team be international and why are these bids provisional? There have been a ton given out.

I get more confused about the Summit every year. I just saw Cali declined bids and I was under the impression gyms are supposed to notify the EP ahead of time if they don't plan on accepting a bid? Is that true? If so was it an EP mistake or are two bids that could have gone to other teams now going unused?

I get more confused about the Summit every year. I just saw Cali declined bids and I was under the impression gyms are supposed to notify the EP ahead of time if they don't plan on accepting a bid? Is that true? If so was it an EP mistake or are two bids that could have gone to other teams now going unused?

This is exactly what I'm talking about. I thought that by checking the box that you would accept a wild card then you were committing to accepting the wildcard. So once you've accepted it you don't qualify for an at-large.

Back