All-Star Summit Bid Declarations 2018

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I get more confused about the Summit every year. I just saw Cali declined bids and I was under the impression gyms are supposed to notify the EP ahead of time if they don't plan on accepting a bid? Is that true? If so was it an EP mistake or are two bids that could have gone to other teams now going unused?
I believe it is like Worlds where if a bid gets declined within 72 hours it gets passed down to the next team. Not sure if there was a mistake made or what though.

I believe it is like Worlds where if a bid gets declined within 72 hours it gets passed down to the next team. Not sure if there was a mistake made or what though.
At a recent comp a team got an at large, when they had already been awarded a wildcard almost a month before. Of course, they may have declined and it just wasn’t noted. I have seen that there are quite a few that have been noted as declined. I was surprised the team took a wildcard anyway. But it sure looks fishy from here. I’m wondering if the gym just didn’t accept or decline. Which technically could leave them eligible for the at large. But there was a D2 gym at the same two comps, who did not get an at large because they took the first wildcard.

Era: thinking about it, the first team may have just changed their roster which would make them eligible to earn a new bid I think. But it sure is sad for the team that might have used that wildcard.

I’m honestly confused on the “provisional” international level summit bids given out. How can a junior team be international and why are these bids provisional? There have been a ton given out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO these new categories is going to be a way for D1 gyms to get bids without having to work for it in a hard level. Meaning a J4 that can't get it as a J4 is also competing in the international category and since they are the only one in that category they are getting the bid. It seems that it is because parents are pushing gyms to get bids for their cp at any cost and this way a gym can say "look at us all our teams have bids" But on the other hand there are so many bids this year that Summit doesn't seem prestigious anymore it comes across as a money grab - so why even have bids - just open it up like NCA Nationals.

I get more confused about the Summit every year. I just saw Cali declined bids and I was under the impression gyms are supposed to notify the EP ahead of time if they don't plan on accepting a bid? Is that true? If so was it an EP mistake or are two bids that could have gone to other teams now going unused?
J2 Crew got an at large bid this weekend but they already had a wildcard. I'm very confused. Rumor has always been that they don't take wildcards but they've been awarded several already this year.

J2 Crew has gone to the summit on a wildcard before so they do go on wildcards. But I don't like this at all. Exceptions shouldn't be made for any gym and if they had a wildcard before then why were they even in the running for an at large?

J2 Crew has gone to the summit on a wildcard before so they do go on wildcards. But I don't like this at all. Exceptions shouldn't be made for any gym and if they had a wildcard before then why were they even in the running for an at large?

Yep, we competed against them at a wildcard at Summit once! I guess their policy changes from year to year, I think it was last year they only took paids? Shouldn't have said "always"!

J2 Crew got an at large bid this weekend but they already had a wildcard. I'm very confused. Rumor has always been that they don't take wildcards but they've been awarded several already this year.

f454a48ea6de9d31164260a4369163a3.jpg

I see what you mean. It looks like 2 other teams from California All Stars declined their Wildcard bid, according to The Summit Bids - Cheer Theory

Don’t gyms know what they will accept before they compete?

f454a48ea6de9d31164260a4369163a3.jpg

I see what you mean. It looks like 2 other teams from California All Stars declined their Wildcard bid, according to The Summit Bids - Cheer Theory

Don’t gyms know what they will accept before they compete?

I thought you couldn't do that. If that was an error on the part of the event producer, they need to let that be known. It's unfair for the gyms that would have taken the wild card. But honestly, it seems like there are a ton of bids this year. We went to a comp that had no D1 teams to take the D1 wildcard bids.

I thought you couldn't do that. If that was an error on the part of the event producer, they need to let that be known. It's unfair for the gyms that would have taken the wild card. But honestly, it seems like there are a ton of bids this year. We went to a comp that had no D1 teams to take the D1 wildcard bids.
There really are a ton of bids. I haven't counted it out or compared to last year, but there are already several divisions with 20+ teams and a couple with 30+ and it's only December.

There really are a ton of bids. I haven't counted it out or compared to last year, but there are already several divisions with 20+ teams and a couple with 30+ and it's only December.
That's ridiculous! Is it bc the new venue will be open this year?

Power Allstars just announced there was a processing error at GSSA and that their J2 got an at large Summit bid. This would be the bid that was originally awarded to J2 crew. Not sure if they added another bid, or if Cali reverts back to their wildcard.

ETA: on a side note, this comp was using this year’s new tie breaker rule... both J2 crew and Power had the same score.

Last edited:
Power Allstars just announced there was a processing error at GSSA and that their J2 got an at large Summit bid. This would be the bid that was originally awarded to J2 crew. Not sure if they added another bid, or if Cali reverts back to their wildcard.
IMO, it would make the most sense to keep the wildcard. Technically, the coaches and gym owner should have known right when they saw the upgrade to at large that there was something wrong and never taken it seriously to begin with.

IMO, it would make the most sense to keep the wildcard. Technically, the coaches and gym owner should have known right when they saw the upgrade to at large that there was something wrong and never taken it seriously to begin with.
I ageee. There was a D2 gym that was in the same exact situation ( had even been in a position to have earned bids at the same 2 comps). They were not awarded an at large. But given that CA announced the at large on Twitter I don’t think that was the case. My guess is that there will be some technicality reason given.

Back