Summit Bid J5 Question...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

They're a y4 for all competitions other than Summit. They recieved a bid for summit as a y5
Any idea how they received it if they haven't competed as a Y5? I'm just curious as to whether the gym asked for a bid or if Summit contacted Y4 teams.

Their Facebook page has them as a y5 in October for pictures. Maybe they decided to compete as y4 just for the weekend? Maybe hoping to get a paid bid??? Or another AL? Doesn't make a super lot of sense because there weren't any other y4s or y5s. Odd.

Any idea how they received it if they haven't competed as a Y5? I'm just curious as to whether the gym asked for a bid or if Summit contacted Y4 teams.

Last edited:
They're a youth 5 for the y5 summit divisiio

They competed as a youth 5 for half of the season and all y5 teams got a summit bid from varsity because there are very few y5 teams. They're going to summit as a y5 team.
hmm. I must have misunderstood. You had posted that they were a Y4 for all competitions other than Summit. I guess I'm just confused. Good luck to them!

I was confused at first too! So basically they got a bid as a y5 early in the season but now they're competing as a y4 for the rest of the season, except for summit. I hope that makes sense!

So they earned a bid...they weren't given one? Good for them!

I think that there's just an issue in how she worded it. She said they got a bid early in the season competing y5 and I think she means they got a bid from Varsity BECAUSE they competed y5 early in the season. I still don't understand why they'd choose to compete y4 unopposed, in a bid competition last weekend...when they'd be unopposed in y5 as well. Had they gotten a y4 bid, I would have been more bothered, though.

I'm curious how that will work out for them at Summit having competed a level 4 routine all year and no experience on the level 5 scoresheet.

I totally understand the perfection before progression mentality and I applaud them for not pushing to be a Y5 when they aren't 100% ready... but why compete at Summit at a level up if they aren't ready for it during the entire season? Or are there a bunch of y4 teams in Cali and they just want to compete in a division with other teams instead of going unopposed?

Yes the changing levels/division thing in this circumstance seems confusing. I just do not like how the Summit bids for the Y5 teams came about this year. It is just wrong. Very, very wrong. Parents on CP's Y4 team have wondered if we shouldn't maybe try to go Y5 to try to get a bid. They know IF that could happen (because of Varsity's caveat that the team had to have already competed Y5) then even though half the team has fulls we would not be competitive. It is a huge pill to swallow.

Back