Summit Bid J5 Question...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Just to clarify, NO ONE in Youth 5 had a bid before the 7 original WC/AL bids. The two that have been added did not get them before. They MAY have competed Y5 (although no one seems to be able to say when), but no Y5 summit bids were given before the automatics.

According to the Varsity Website there are still no Y4 teams with a bid to the Summit. I had heard that someone had won one but it isn't listed on Varsity's site. Sigh.

I'm curious how that will work out for them at Summit having competed a level 4 routine all year and no experience on the level 5 scoresheet.

I totally understand the perfection before progression mentality and I applaud them for not pushing to be a Y5 when they aren't 100% ready... but why compete at Summit at a level up if they aren't ready for it during the entire season? Or are there a bunch of y4 teams in Cali and they just want to compete in a division with other teams instead of going unopposed?

Last edited:
According to the Varsity Website there are still no Y4 teams with a bid to the Summit. I had heard that someone had won one but it isn't listed on Varsity's site. Sigh.

THAT sucks. I mean, I'm sure there are few y4 teams, so it's going to be hard to get teams there. Id love to see some math on the percentage of each level that ends up with bids. Like, we know j3 is a huge division at the Summit, but it's also a huge division at every other competition we've attended, so if expect a lot of bids to go to them. Seriously curious about the numbers across the board. Like is there a division that is actually represented in a disproportionate amount at the Summit? Well, besides Y5. ;)

Yes, they do. I just wonder if it's proportionate. Those are usually the largest divisions by far at other competitions.

J4 doesn't seem nearly as large...and there are a lot of teams that I think SHOULD be on there, that aren't (yet.) I guess there is still time.) I'm a planner, though, so the not-knowing would be freaking me out at this point. :eek:

Just to clarify, NO ONE in Youth 5 had a bid before the 7 original WC/AL bids. The two that have been added did not get them before. They MAY have competed Y5 (although no one seems to be able to say when), but no Y5 summit bids were given before the automatics.

According to their Twitter feed the change from Y4 to Y5 was a surprise to some people. It just seems strange to me to go from Y4 to Y5 back to Y4 for the rest of the season and then Y5 for Summit. I am not suggesting that anything underhanded is going on, I just don't understand the mentality of the coaches. I would think you would want to finish out the season competing in the level you will compete in at Summit so that you can use your score sheets to improve and tweak your routine before then.

According to their Twitter feed the change from Y4 to Y5 was a surprise to some people. It just seems strange to me to go from Y4 to Y5 back to Y4 for the rest of the season and then Y5 for Summit. I am not suggesting that anything underhanded is going on, I just don't understand the mentality of the coaches. I would think you would want to finish out the season competing in the level you will compete in at Summit so that you can use your score sheets to improve and tweak your routine before then.

This is a guess and I really mean nothing bad by it...but if they were given a bid already, they could have attempted to secure a y4 bid thinking they would be more competitive in that division. That could be why we are just now hearing about them accepting y5 bids.

Eta: I wouldn't even blame them, if this is the case. I blame the people who decided some groups didn't have to earn bids.

A Youth 4 team was awarded an at large bid at NCA. I forget who it was, but whoever won the division got one. I'm guessing they declined it since no other Y4's had bids and that's why they aren't listed? Just a guess, but I know a team did get one, I remember it because everyone had been talking about how no one had one yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a guess and I really mean nothing bad by it...but if they were given a bid already, they could have attempted to secure a y4 bid thinking they would be more competitive in that division. That could be why we are just now hearing about them accepting y5 bids.

Eta: I wouldn't even blame them, if this is the case. I blame the people who decided some groups didn't have to earn bids.
But why fork out all the $ if u r not really practicing/concentrating on the tough division u will b tossed in at Summit!

But why fork out all the $ if u r not really practicing/concentrating on the tough division u will b tossed in at Summit!

They could be spending a good portion of their practice working on level 5 skills. Seeing some of the lower level UCF teams were at PacWest, they were spot on sharp and sync'd so they wouldn't be needing a ton of cleaning. I didn't see the Y4 team though.

I honestly think all the teams in Washington should get bids. There are so few and the kids try so hard. They DESERVE to go. It's unfair that cheer is so far behind here. :(

Oh, wait...that sounds crazy. Lol!
Do that and Washington will experience growth in their population like never before due to the influx of migrating cheerleaders.

I'm confused a bit on the summit and how bids are awarded. Lol I'm sorry just don't know much about it.

Are summit bids only awarded only in the US? For worlds if you are competing international or in a regular division like small senior 5 you have to get your bid in the country you reside.

Does that not happen with the summit?

Back