Summit Bid J5 Question...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

A Youth 4 team was awarded an at large bid at NCA. I forget who it was, but whoever won the division got one. I'm guessing they declined it since no other Y4's had bids and that's why they aren't listed? Just a guess, but I know a team did get one, I remember it because everyone had been talking about how no one had one yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was Prodigy and they are going to the All Star Games. Idk if that is a factor or not. My CP aged out of youth but our gym has a Y4 team so I am a little up to date on the Y4 teams somewhat they have competed against. I only mention the AS Games because maybe that played a factor into them not accepting or maybe they just haven't accepted yet????

I'm confused a bit on the summit and how bids are awarded. Lol I'm sorry just don't know much about it.

Are summit bids only awarded only in the US? For worlds if you are competing international or in a regular division like small senior 5 you have to get your bid in the country you reside.

Does that not happen with the summit?

Nope, there is at least one competition in Europe that hands them out (full paid bids).

Nope, there is at least one competition in Europe that hands them out (full paid bids).
Oh ok. I was just surprised to hear that Cheersport Sharks got a bid and is going because I figured the bids worked the same as worlds bids lol

I don't see a European comp on the list...I could have missed it, though. I know there is a bid comp in Canada (B.C.). But there aren't any limitations on teams from other countries winning bids...CS probably won one at a U.S. competition.

Cheer sport has been at several US comps this year, including a couple of All Star Challenge ones.

Oh ok. I was just surprised to hear that Cheersport Sharks got a bid and is going because I figured the bids worked the same as worlds bids lol
White Cheeks got the wc bid for being in y5. They competed at athletic championship in providence which is varsity and thats how they got their bid.

wait, so this other team was Y5, dropped to 4 for NCA and back up to 5 for Summit? Either i'm not understanding something or something seems fishy...

wait, so this other team was Y5, dropped to 4 for NCA and back up to 5 for Summit? Either i'm not understanding something or something seems fishy...
My understanding is that they were initially a Y5 for like one comp, competed as a 4 up to and through NCA and will remain a 4 the rest of the season, except will compete in Y5 at Summit. Very strange to me unless I'm understanding it wrong.

Well, they were a level 5, someone realized that they're either not competitive or that they actually want to compete agains other teams (if there are no other y5s in their area) and dropped down for the rest of the season. That's something that isn't unusual at all. A lot of teams drop a level after a competition or two.
And then - since they got a free bid for attending that one event as a y5 in the beginning of the season they probably said - yay, we got a free at-large summit bid, we'll take it and give it another shot at y5 just to see where we're standing.
I don't think that's fishy at all (at least not on the gym's side). If I got handed a free summit-bid I'd take it.

If I got handed a free summit-bid I'd take it.

Um, nothing is free. If that is the case then they are playing with the parents money. If the team wasn't competitive enough to compete at that level at NCA what has changed. And yes, sometimes teams drop levels but you don't really hear about them going back up to that level, unless they were sandbagging.

Um, nothing is free. If that is the case then they are playing with the parents money. If the team wasn't competitive enough to compete at that level at NCA what has changed. And yes, sometimes teams drop levels but you don't really hear about them going back up to that level, unless they were sandbagging.
Since summit kids are minors the parents would have to agree on going, so it's not that they're playing with the parents money.

Maybe they do the same thing a lot of those at-large teams at worlds are doing - get experience and use it as a motivation for the kids to work harder for the next season.

Back