Summit Bid Reveals

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Fleximom, Jan 23, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Fleximom

Fleximom Cheer Stalker

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    do program owners know about bids prior to the reveals? I see so many videos of full teams watching, with disney balloons... sometimes she

2. coach12

coach12 Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    no, they definitely do not.
    you might have an idea, based on your placement and score. and especially if you got grand champs of your level.

3. Fleximom

Fleximom Cheer Stalker

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Another question- if a team is awarded a bid but decides not to accept/go to summit, will the bid disappear? Or go to the next eligible team? I ask because I know they did away with pass down bids due to upgrades, but a gym in my area just announced that they found out today they got a bid from a comp they attended two weeks ago. I'm just trying to figure it out lol.

4. coach12

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    You have to fill out a declaration when you go to the comp. saying if you will accept or not

5. THEJOEL

THEJOEL Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    Thejoel1313
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    What if they accept the bid and don't meet the deadline for submitting the deposit?
    Will that bid get passed down?

6. coach12

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    As far as i know there are no passed down bids. not exactly sure in this situation, though.

7. THEJOEL

THEJOEL Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    Thejoel1313
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I only thought WC bids weren't eligible to be passed down.

8. coach12

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    that was the case last year. this year there are no more passed down bids.

9. TheVipersMom

TheVipersMom Biggest (stalker) Fan '14

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Since we got all our bids in Nov and first week of December. We only had until Jan 15 to pay the deposit.
    Several of ours said they couldn't come up with the money before then. So we called concerned that we would be bumped. They said they don't guarantee housing if not paid by the deposit due date.

Which would suck for us since we all stay together: we all end up in the same building on the all star resort. But on the upside since our whole gym got theirs already we are still really early in the season we will still end up together.

So I believe the deposit is mostly for housing purposes I don't think it really is for comp purposes, as long as you receive a bid I bet you could decide to go last minute and stay off property and they wouldn't care. It's probably just a late fee as with most comps if you don't register by the date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. BlockHead

BlockHead Best Flyer.. on a parent team

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    My CPs team just got an AL summit bid last night. The gym owner definitely did not know if they were going to get it or not. But the number were heavily enough in our favor that they did a viewing party. Thank goodness it did not turn out bad! LOL

11. kewpiekid

kewpiekid I'm new. Don't Hurt Me

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    We had the same situation last Monday. Our coach invited the girls to come to the gym for a pizza party and parents were told not to come until pick-up time. We all had a feeling they would be getting a bid, based on that information. Luckily they did. But I also feel like disappointment is part of life and had they not gotten a bid, they would have even more motivation to work hard for the next comp.

12. GlitterPlz

GlitterPlz When all else fails.... I shimmy

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    On the flip side I’ve seen teams gather with cake, excited about the bid reveal only to not see their name come across the screen.

13. Kiermyc

Kiermyc They call me Susie

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    When we got a bid last season at American grand and the coach knew. We were all shocked they got a bid since it was our first and fairly large. When i asked the coach she said she knew and that after day 1 we had the paid bid but the team behind us for the at large scored higher the 2nd day. So maybe it depends on the comp and how they deal with the scoring.