All-Star Summit Bids

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 29, 2014
I tried to search on this topic and nothing came up. What happens if you have a at large Summit bid and then you receive another bid? This all is confusing to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried to search on this topic and nothing came up. What happens if you have a at large Summit bid and then you receive another bid? This all is confusing to me.

Once you upgrade your bid to a paid bid either from an at large or a wildcard, your original bid just disappears. It’s not handed down to the next in line

Once you upgrade your bid to a paid bid either from an at large or a wildcard, your original bid just disappears. It’s not handed down to the next in line

So we keep our at large bid and if we do not get another at large bid we would simply still have an at large bid? But if we get a paid bid it would replace our at large bid? Thank you!

So we keep our at large bid and if we do not get another at large bid we would simply still have an at large bid? But if we get a paid bid it would replace our at large bid? Thank you!

Yes, each team can only receive/keep one bid. You can upgrade to a paid bid, but you have to lose whichever bid you upgraded from.

You can't get more than one at-large bid. Unless there are significant roster/division changes, then you can go for another bid and the first one then disappears and goes unused.

At each comp they know what bid each team already has, so if u have AL bid U r only able to go for paid bids.

At each comp they know what bid each team already has, so if u have AL bid U r only able to go for paid bids.

Oh thank you, I didn’t realize that. So everyone will already know and we are now only eligible for any type of paid bid. Also what really is the difference between a at large and a wildcard?

Oh thank you, I didn’t realize that. So everyone will already know and we are now only eligible for any type of paid bid. Also what really is the difference between a at large and a wildcard?

Nothing monetarily. Wildcards are offered at one day comps and at-large are at 2 days. But wildcard bids must compete in a preliminary round and only the top few teams move on (some go to semis, some go to finals). At-large bids start in semifinals along with the paid bid teams.

Nothing monetarily. Wildcards are offered at one day comps and at-large are at 2 days. But wildcard bids must compete in a preliminary round and only the top few teams move on (some go to semis, some go to finals). At-large bids start in semifinals along with the paid bid teams.

I would not saying nothing monetarily, if you get a Wildcard bid you have to compete a day earlier which typically means if you have to travel in you have to travel in a day ealier and stay and extra day either in Disney or at an off property hotel. At Disney this means an extra $160 for Wednesday night the 2nd, at an off property hotel etc the price will vary.

Back