All-Star Summit Hotel Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sparkle Mom

Cheer Parent
Nov 30, 2014
My CP has received a bid to summit but I'm having difficulty deciding to stay on property vs. off property. I'm not a fan of waiting in line for the bus to go to compete so if the price is comparable is their any other benefit to staying at Disney? I have stayed at pop century but not the allstar and heard it was very chaotic.

Due to lawsuits, the pool areas are now fenced and locked certain hours (I think last year it was prior to 10am and after 8pm), so there are very few places to sit since the majority of the allstar property is either buildings or pool. Also, they have limited the amount of pool chairs they put out so there is never enough chairs during the times the pool area is open. It is chaotic and was not an enjoyable experience at all last year. I am very glad to not be staying there this year.

My CP has received a bid to summit but I'm having difficulty deciding to stay on property vs. off property. I'm not a fan of waiting in line for the bus to go to compete so if the price is comparable is their any other benefit to staying at Disney? I have stayed at pop century but not the allstar and heard it was very chaotic.
I hated it. Never again. We found no benefit other then being with your teammates. I prefer to stay offsite and enjoy a stunt free pool experience.

We stay on site but not at the hotels affiliated with summit packages. Love the perks of staying on site.

I have to disagree with everyone else, my CP's teams have made the Summit both of the previous 2 years and the first year we stayed at Pop and the second we stayed at the All Star, while it is chaotic my CP loved having the experience of seeing and meeting a lot of other cheer teams. The pool was not a big deal, they don't allow stunting and we had no problems as adults getting drinks at the pool after we got back from the parks.

From a bus and transportation standpoint to and from both parks and the competition is much easier staying on property. I am not sure what the rest of your team is doing but if they are all staying on property and you stay off, it might make it difficult for your CP to feel a part of the group.

I was actually disappointed to find out that most were staying off property. Last year when we were there many of her friends were staying at the Pop Century with us. I can't justify paying over $400 a night to stay on property at some of the hotels but there are a few other choices that I saw such as the Swan/Dolphin.

Suggestions for off site hotel/condo?

We are staying at the Wyndham bonnet creek. Booked through the home away app. I've never done that before but we got a great deal. 7 nights for $645. I just heard you have to be really firm with the employees that you are not interested in learning about timeshare purchasing options and to unplug your room phone.

We are staying at the Wyndham bonnet creek. Booked through the home away app. I've never done that before but we got a great deal. 7 nights for $645. I just heard you have to be really firm with the employees that you are not interested in learning about timeshare purchasing options and to unplug your room phone.
We stayed there for Worlds a couple years ago and just told them on check-in that we weren't interested. There was no pressure at all during our stay. It's a great place!

I recommend renting a huge house and splitting it with some of your favorites moms and kiddos. You can get a 4-5 bedroom house for $900 for a week and split it among 4 (or more if you can stuff 'em in) of you. Your own pool! It's relaxing and fun at the same time.

I recommend renting a huge house and splitting it with some of your favorites moms and kiddos. You can get a 4-5 bedroom house for $900 for a week and split it among 4 (or more if you can stuff 'em in) of you. Your own pool! It's relaxing and fun at the same time.

And you can split groceries and cook healthy "normal" meals, versus eating out every meal and still trying to perform at a high athletic level with a belly full of fried chicken fingers and mickey waffles ;)

Back