All-Star Summit International Divisions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 21, 2016
why would a team randomly decide to go "international" at certain comps? I'm assuming to get an easier bid to summit, but it seems strange.

why would a team randomly decide to go "international" at certain comps? I'm assuming to get an easier bid to summit, but it seems strange.

From my experience, it is a cakewalk to get an international bid compared to a regular bid just due to the number of teams in the pool.

I seee that... our comp this weekend has 4 international bids...and 5 international teams competing for them

The comp we have at the end of the month has 4 bids and 2 teams currently listed as International.

I'm sure gym owners will see that and change their division though because the battle for AL and Paid bids are pretty extensive.

And if I am reading correctly according to the FAQ's the same team can compete in the International Division and a regular D1 Summit division if they meet the specified age, crossover, and team size guidelines (16-24 members). The example they give is a D1 Small Junior 2 and the International Junior 2 divisions. I wonder if any team will attempt to get bids in both an international and a D1 division this year?

I know a team doing this for a competition. I think the bonus is the opportunity to get the bid for international and one non. But I think the real reason is to address crossover issues for the competition.

Maybe we've just been lucky, but I don't think it even seems that hard to get a regular summit bid anymore? I'm not sure why someone would decide to compete international other than a better chance of winning when against fewer teams?

Maybe we've just been lucky, but I don't think it even seems that hard to get a regular summit bid anymore? I'm not sure why someone would decide to compete international other than a better chance of winning when against fewer teams?
It could just be the division my daughter is in or the competitions we’ve attended, but I’m finding it much more difficult. The last 2 seasons she had a bid in November. It’s january and no bid in sight.

It could just be the division my daughter is in or the competitions we’ve attended, but I’m finding it much more difficult. The last 2 seasons she had a bid in November. It’s january and no bid in sight.

Maybe we've been lucky. I feel like it depends on the competitions mix. at least here, it seems like every comp us either 75% D1 OR 75% D2. So if you are in that 25% your chances end up being pretty good. And for the 1 day comps the mix it the same. In fact we even did a 1 day comp without a single D1 team!

It could just be the division my daughter is in or the competitions we’ve attended, but I’m finding it much more difficult. The last 2 seasons she had a bid in November. It’s January and no bid in sight.

My perception is that it's tougher this year. I think the new format for distributing bids has changed the number of bids a team is considered for. A team only has two chances of being awarded a bid at some two-day competitions or even a chance at a single bid in some cases. For the competitions that have 3 paid bids and 5 at-large, a J2 team can be awarded the junior paid bid or the level 2 at-large bid. I like that bids are spread out between age groups and levels, but I'm sure it may be frustrating to see a team that places lower than another team get a bid, or a lower scoring team getting a paid bid over a team that received an at-large bid.

And if I am reading correctly according to the FAQ's the same team can compete in the International Division and a regular D1 Summit division if they meet the specified age, crossover, and team size guidelines (16-24 members). The example they give is a D1 Small Junior 2 and the International Junior 2 divisions. I wonder if any team will attempt to get bids in both an international and a D1 division this year?

My daughter's junior 1 team has both an international bid and an at large bid.

The competition I was at this weekend had International bids, 2 Paid 8 AL. There were only 10 teams competing as International... 3 of which have AL international bids, 1 other with a WC D1 bid. Wondering what's going to happen... Seems like so far it is pretty easy to get an international bid around here since nobody seems to want them...

The competition I was at this weekend had International bids, 2 Paid 8 AL. There were only 10 teams competing as International... 3 of which have AL international bids, 1 other with a WC D1 bid. Wondering what's going to happen... Seems like so far it is pretty easy to get an international bid around here since nobody seems to want them...

But you have to compete with the IASG age grid to get an international bid right? A lot of small gyms probably aren't able to create teams with the more restricted age grid of IASf. At least for this year. (personally I'd like USASF to adopt the IASF age grid, even though we are at a small gym and it would affect us)

Back