All-Star Summit Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 1, 2014
A division that has 1paid, 9 at large and 9 wildcard.
Top 2 wildcard go straight to Sunday and 3rd goes to Sat, correct?
Saturday the 9 al compete plus the 1 wc?
How many of the 10 (if that's correct) move to Sunday, half?

The paid bid will also compete. So you will have 11 total. I can't remember if it will be 10 to move on or 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am interested to see if anyone knows the answer as well!
Also...for the past two years, I was able to go to the Varsity Summit page & there was a link to the divisions with the teams who had accepted bids. This year, I cannot find this link. Does it exist, or is Varsity trying to keep us in suspense regarding who is in our division, lol?

Also...for the past two years, I was able to go to the Varsity Summit page & there was a link to the divisions with the teams who had accepted bids. This year, I cannot find this link. Does it exist, or is Varsity trying to keep us in suspense regarding who is in our division, lol?

The road to Summit has listings for both Summits

This was from ther Varsity Summit FAQ page

How many teams advance to Finals on Sunday from Semi-Finals?
All divisions with 10 or less teams in Semi Finals will have 5 teams advance to finals.
All divisions with 11-19 teams in Semi Finals will have 50% of the division advance to finals.
All divisions with 20 or more teams in Semi-Finals will have 10 teams in the division advance to finals.

Right, but I really liked seeing it on the Varsity Summit site, bc I felt like it was the most accurate, you know, being the EP and all! ;)
I just don't understand why the don't have the link on their site this year!

I know that did have it at one time bc I had looked at it several times to see the registered teams. I'm not sure where it went

Half of 11-- not sure if varsity considers that 5 teams or 6? Do they round up or down? It would be 10 teams (at large and paid ) + 1 from WC (third place on Friday).

This sounds like a logistical nightmare for the EP. I'm assuming everything is automated/ pre-calculated based on scores judges input after each round... or else I would not want to be the event staff running those excel sheets after each day at 2am

Here is the link to the official searchable Varsity list for Summit, D2 Summit and Dance Summit. These are only teams that have registered. It is more up to date than Road to Summit which I have found mistakes in, but doesn't break out Wild Card, At Large and Paid.

The Summit & D2 Summit: 2017 Bid List | Varsity TV

Here is the link to the official searchable Varsity list for Summit, D2 Summit and Dance Summit. These are only teams that have registered. It is more up to date than Road to Summit which I have found mistakes in, but doesn't break out Wild Card, At Large and Paid.

The Summit & D2 Summit: 2017 Bid List | Varsity TV

I've already found an team division error using that link so I don't think it's up to date either.

Back