All-Star Summit Reflections And Recommendations

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Omg this made me tear up!! You are so very kind!!

We do NCA every year and we won NCA this past season but we can definitely have a re-match lol. Jk

I was so happy for y'all to get 2nd and move up from day 1. Everyone from your gym has been nothing but nice and I love it! Thank you!!

And I really love love love y'all's uniforms!! They are gorgeous on the floor.

And we only had 15 kids.. That's one of our smallest teams!!

Tell your daughter congrats and best of luck this upcoming season!:)

@kris10boo - When our girls got 2nd and our Owners said "hey do you guys realize who you lost too - umm they had the highest percentage of perfection score at NCA blah blah blah" they all went "OH DANG etc etc etc" - you guys were legit - Kudos! See you in March! Thanks - This is our 1st season with those new uniforms and we love them too!

@kris10boo - When our girls got 2nd and our Owners said "hey do you guys realize who you lost too - umm they had the highest percentage of perfection score at NCA blah blah blah" they all went "OH DANG etc etc etc" - you guys were legit - Kudos! See you in March! Thanks - This is our 1st season with those new uniforms and we love them too!

Cheerforce looked so good, and we were happy they were there! We love a good competition with some awesome teams! Y'all were truly nothing but respectful. It so close on day 2 even we couldn't pick a winner!

Our day 1 score at the Summit was also the Summits highest perfection score of the weekend but trust it took them several comps to hit clean. As evidenced by videos people posted on YouTube earlier in the season lol

I cannot wait to see y'all again and just know that the class I witnessed by y'all this weekend lets me know that if I ever move to Cali my kid would be at your gym!!!
Thanks for the kind words!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

@whoatiger - Are there are many Summit Central Video's coming? We were in awards but our families watching on-line saw a Higlight Re-Cap of our team that we all missed but would LOVE to see - Cheerforce San Diego FRENZY in Small Senior 3 from Sunday Finals......Help????

It will be in one of the clips-the entire live show is posted (with the exception of the full routines). I do remember highlighting that team-you guys will be on there!

It will be in one of the clips-the entire live show is posted (with the exception of the full routines). I do remember highlighting that team-you guys will be on there!

Thanks @whoatiger - I watched all the Summit Central clips and couldn't find it.......

@whoatiger do you know if there will be any plus/delta on the EP side of the Summit to take any of this feedback into consideration? ESP with regard to event dates and venue?

That's because it doesn't. Worlds is less prestigious now because of all the bids given out. That being said, it's a completely different competition. The summit is supposed to be a national for the lower levels. NOT WORLDS. Worlds should be for the top teams in the country. They should not be compared to each other because they are different events.

Maybe now gyms won't feel they have to have that level 5 to get a prestigious competition! Worlds will be back to what it should be with less teams. Some kids will never make it to level 5.

Except the biggest difference and why most are voicing concern is that members of the olympics dont compete in the junior olympics but you have worlds level competitors competing at lower levels therefore taking away from those athletes

Cheerforce looked so good, and we were happy they were there! We love a good competition with some awesome teams! Y'all were truly nothing but respectful. It so close on day 2 even we couldn't pick a winner!

Our day 1 score at the Summit was also the Summits highest perfection score of the weekend but trust it took them several comps to hit clean. As evidenced by videos people posted on YouTube earlier in the season lol

I cannot wait to see y'all again and just know that the class I witnessed by y'all this weekend lets me know that if I ever move to Cali my kid would be at your gym!!!
Thanks for the kind words!

If you're ever in Cali be sure to look us up and stop by the gym!

So maybe we shouldn't have High school Cheerleading nationals because if you're good enough you'll make a college team and get to compete at nationals then. If you don't make a college team well then too bad so sad for you.

And all the swimmers out there need to seriously stop going to qualifying events where they swim against highly competitive athletes because its not the Olympics. Get over it.

How dare they have a little league World Series. I mean...what nerve!!

Oh, your hockey team doesn't have a hocklebrity? Um, bye.

For those of you who missed it, I'm being sarcastic.

So maybe we shouldn't have High school Cheerleading nationals because if you're good enough you'll make a college team and get to compete at nationals then. If you don't make a college team well then too bad so sad for you.

And all the swimmers out there need to seriously stop going to qualifying events where they swim against highly competitive athletes because its not the Olympics. Get over it.

How dare they have a little league World Series. I mean...what nerve!!

Oh, your hockey team doesn't have a hocklebrity? Um, bye.

For those of you who missed it, I'm being sarcastic.

I don't think the people who are expressing disagreement with the idea of the Summit disagree about the age. It seems to me people are more concerned about the big to-do for lower levels. For the record I really don't have a strong opinion on it. I don't think Summit will ever be the new Worlds, take away from interest in Worlds or lessen the desire that athletes have to one day compete at Worlds. Still, while I may not necessarily share their opinion because I don't feel strongly about it either way, I can see where it comes from. Their standpoint is that an event like Worlds or Summit with a huge venue and all the bells and whistles should be reserved for the most skilled athletes. The highest level. This, in fact, IS how most other sports work.

To use your example, Little League World Series is for kids, yes, but it's for the BEST baseball players in that age group. High school nationals is the same. You don't see huge national championships for rec basketball teams.

Anyway I'm getting long winded but I think most people's argument is not that athletes should have to wait until they are senior aged to compete at an event of that size and caliber, but rather that those events should be reserved for the highest level of competition, as it is in other sports. I don't think anyone is implying or saying that levels 1-4 are not important or that these athletes do not work hard.

Again, not being argumentative but I think everyone else sort of is when there are valid points on both sides.

two things (i havent read past the first two pages because well im watching hockey)

anyways..

the summit idea i believe is fantastic, something that athletes like me with little to no tumbling that have to remain on non worlds teams something to look forward to.

having it after worlds.. not a good idea, but really i do think thats the only way to do it. one issue i see with it is the ICU championships, for team canada athletes (and im sure other international countries) not only are they there to be on team canada but also compete at worlds later on. for team canada they use the week to practice and finalize routines before they compete. so really the only option is the summit would have to go during the weekend, with ICU teams arriving monday practicing until wednesday/thursday competing and then having worlds that weekend. any other order i do not feel would work.

and my final little thing, for those complaining about the summit, im sure you have also complained about worlds, too many bids, and it no longer being prestigious, well look at it this way, if the summit was to become as prestigious as worlds, you would have less of an issue with teams going to worlds on at large bids that shouldnt be there in the first place, as these teams would be able to be level appropriate and still be competitive and have something to brag about.

I knew this would happen. Friend just texted me cps gym is having a summit team. Anyone on R5 or 4 can tryout for this Level 2 team. Practice will be for 2 hours once a week. They will only go to the summit on a full paid bid and gym is promoting it as a free trip to disney world. This bothers me.

I knew this would happen. Friend just texted me cps gym is having a summit team. Anyone on R5 or 4 can tryout for this Level 2 team. Practice will be for 2 hours once a week. They will only go to the summit on a full paid bid and gym is promoting it as a free trip to disney world. This bothers me.
Yep, Exactly why I would rather just have my small town no gym affiliation Level 2 team aim towards winning a bid to the U.S. Finals. This is so unfair to the TRUE Level 2 teams. I know every team is held to the same Level rules but if your a Level 4 or 5 cheerleader, if level 2 skills should be a breeze for you to do very well and with ease. So glad to see that Coaches are showing their 'real' Level 2 girls that they aren't good enough to go to the Summit. If I was a Level 2 parent at that gym, I would be finding another gym.

Back