All-Star Summit Reveals

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I was talking about this in another thread, some of the Rockstar location have been competing D2 at several comps and have been in D2 since the Cheersport schedule was first released.
I spoke to Justin Carrier on Twitter on this subject(see below), he said that the D2 rules we are quoting are for summit bids, but the USASF rules still allow them to qualify as D2. He told me this is fixed in the 2017-2018 rules and will therefore won't be allowed next year.

When I had checked the different teams in our D2 divisions (A and B), they weren't on it when the schedule was first released - I could have sworn I saw them up with the regular D1 teams. I guess if they still qualify for D2 it's fine, but just interesting.. Right now their gym has about 6 WC bids to D1 Summit..and nothing for D2..:confused:
Weird, maybe not all the teams were. But I definitely remember seeing several of their teams under D2 when I first made the Google doc.

I spoke to Justin Carrier on Twitter on this subject(see below), he said that the D2 rules we are quoting are for summit bids, but the USASF rules still allow them to qualify as D2. He told me this is fixed in the 2017-2018 rules and will therefore won't be allowed next year.

Thanks, this is what I was saying in that other thread. I had always been interpreting those rules to just be for Summit bids but many other people were saying differently.

Back