Swedish Junior Level 5!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

do you guys have levels there ? im just wondering because in finland we only have level 6 (seniors) and level 5 (juniors). every team that is not lvl 6 or 5 is just called a, b or c team. so for an example youth 1 is youth c and junior 4 is junior b

do you guys have levels there ? im just wondering because in finland we only have level 6 (seniors) and level 5 (juniors). every team that is not lvl 6 or 5 is just called a, b or c team. so for an example youth 1 is youth c and junior 4 is junior b
No, we have beginner and intermediate for miniors, juniors and seniors, then theres level 5 for juniors and level 6 for seniors :)

Very clean tumbling! Would like to see a bit more going on in the pyramids and too bad on the few stunt bobbles and drops.

It's really interesting to see how different the levels are in Europe! :D
I know in Germany they go by age (rather than skill level, although in peewee and junior you can divide into 2 levels):

<12 - Peewees
Levels 1 & 2

11-17 - Juniors
Levels 3 & 4
(Although I would say Level 4 in Germany is more equate with a Level 5, and pyramids with mid-layers are allowed still.)

>15 - Seniors
Level 6

And I believe in France, the FASC follows IASF/USASF levels and rules.

Very clean tumbling! Would like to see a bit more going on in the pyramids and too bad on the few stunt bobbles and drops.

I know in Germany they go by age (rather than skill level, although in peewee and junior you can divide into 2 levels):

<12 - Peewees
Levels 1 & 2

11-17 - Juniors
Levels 3 & 4
(Although I would say Level 4 in Germany is more equate with a Level 5, and pyramids with mid-layers are allowed still.)

>15 - Seniors
Level 6

its kind of funny how different european cheerleading is from american. like for an example here in finland theres no large, medium or small teams. teams usually have 20-30 athletes but only 24 can compete. so before learning a new routine our coaches tell us know who gets to be on the mat an who is an alternate. and it kinda sucks..

Yea, my friends in Germany had to "cut" people this year - there used to be a max. of 26 allowed on the mat, now it's 25. And also no large, medium, small. They do divide though into Limited Coed (4 or less boys) and if you have 5+ you compete in Coed.

<12 - Peewees
Levels 1 & 2

11-17 - Juniors
Levels 3 & 4

>15 - Seniors
Level 6

In Junior L3 there are no more middlelayer pyramids.

Also new is that L3 is allowed to do standing tucks, running tumbling up to RO BHS Tuck.

L4 will open tumbling completely, what doesn't make any sense for me.
If your a junior on L3 and you are allowed to do only tucks, in L4 should be layouts, step-outs, probably arabians.
But not such a big step from tuck to fulls or even doubles.

(CCVD rules, Germany)

In Junior L3 there are no more middlelayer pyramids.

Also new is that L3 is allowed to do standing tucks, running tumbling up to RO BHS Tuck.

L4 will open tumbling completely, what doesn't make any sense for me.
If your a junior on L3 and you are allowed to do only tucks, in L4 should be layouts, step-outs, probably arabians.
But not such a big step from tuck to fulls or even doubles.

(CCVD rules, Germany)

I agree there are some progression issues! I believe this comes down to the fact that Germany doesn't have a level 5...That's my though on it. Level 5 would open up the mid-phase were twisting fulls would be allowed and L4 would be limited to layouts...But it could possibly change since CCVD is working on adapting their rules to ICU standards.

Back