OT Sweet 16 Average Budget

• Thread starter Deleted member 41136
  • Start date

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
D

Deleted member 41136

Just wondering what everyone has spent or is willing to spend on a sweet 16. My 16th is in about a year and I am currently planning what I think is a reasonably priced celebration but I want to know what some parents think they would want to spend.
ETA I feel really selfish right now. I should just delete my post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I didn't have a sweet 16 party, but I had a pretty sweet 16. My whole family and I went out to dinner at the resteraunt of my choice (we do that every year) and I brought 2 friends along, just for dinner it was around $150. Then I died my hair for the first time and that was around $250. And I went to a gun range and took an intro to pistols class with my dad and younger brother and we got to shoot 9mm afterwards and that was $100 or so. So total it was about $600.

Just wondering what everyone has spent or is willing to spend on a sweet 16. My 16th is in about a year and I am currently planning what I think is a reasonably priced celebration but I want to know what some parents think they would want to spend.

well what do your parents think is a reasonable budget? every family has very different circumstances, incomes, and things they're willing to spend money on. Susie's mom may have thought $50k was reasonable and Sally's mom threw a party for $100. Ask your parents for a rough estimate of what they're willing to spend or give them an idea of what kind of party you want and see if it's do-able.

Well I am planning to throw a Sweet 16 for my daughter(age 12 now) and we are doing preliminary planning now. I am looking to spend between $8k-$12k for this party, which will cover a full weekend-Saturday evening:formal party at banquet hall with sleepover and Sunday- 16 friends spend the day at a water park or even have a party at the beach...

Last edited:
It really depends on your families income after bills. There is no way I could spend even close to $8,000 on a sweet 16, but I have friends that could easily manage that.

It really depends on your families income after bills. There is no way I could spend even close to $8,000 on a sweet 16, but I have friends that could easily manage that.

I didn't have one at all. I have friends who had full blown wedding receptions that came with keys to a mercedes, friends who had a smaller event somewhere like in a local firehouse banquet hall, and one or two whose parents just took them and their best friend on a small cruise or vacation. I think I went out for hibachi? i don't even remember, but we don't get our licenses at 16 in NJ so I really don't understand the fuss over turning 16. literally nothing exciting happens.

And to OP, if you're involved in all star cheer keep in mind that your parents' entire disposable income may be going towards your cheer bills.

well what do your parents think is a reasonable budget? every family has very different circumstances, incomes, and things they're willing to spend money on. Susie's mom may have thought $50k was reasonable and Sally's mom threw a party for $100. Ask your parents for a rough estimate of what they're willing to spend or give them an idea of what kind of party you want and see if it's do-able.
They thought i was crazy when i suggested a week long vacation to Disney. It would total around $8,500 and I would work for almost all of it.

They thought i was crazy when i suggested a week long vacation to Disney. It would total around $8,500 and I would work for almost all of it.

If you're contributing to the costs I would definitely present them with what you really want and hopefully you find a compromise that makes you both happy! Vacations are tough if your parent(s) need time off work.

Non cp had a sweet 16 party at a local volunteer fire department. Small donation to the fire department and food for 20-30 kids. All said and done was under 500.

**Oh, oh, oh, I wanna be free-yeah, to feel the way I feel
Man! I feel like a woman!**
Now i feel really selfish- banging head on wall. Love your signature though.

Just saw what you're looking for. Not sure what time of year your birthday is but would you consider doing this trip during the winter months when pricing may be a little lower?

Just saw what you're looking for. Not sure what time of year your birthday is but would you consider doing this trip during the winter months when pricing may be a little lower?

I could do that but it would be four to six months before or after my birthday and I know this sounds selfish but it wont feel like its mine. I also would pay for $8,000 of it plus my spending money.

I had a really neat sweet 16 at a small banquet hall with an awesome DJ and catering for 50 people. I wore a super sparkly dress and had everyone dress semi-formal and we got a custom cake. I chose to have the party instead of getting any gifts and I'm really glad I did it that way. It was a ton of fun and a great experience, especially since I never got to go to prom (Only downfall of going to Worlds). I'm not sure how much my parents spent but I'm still very thankful for such an amazing night!

Back