OT Sweet 16 Average Budget

• Thread starter Deleted member 41136
  • Start date

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
21 is the magic age for alcohol in most of the U.S. Might even be 21 for whole country but I can't recall for sure.

I am guessing the sweet 16 party is based on the French Debutante Ball where a girl was also presented as coming of age. Could be really wrong but that's a guess

**Don't mind me, just one of the girls here**

It is. In order for our government to force their hand with the states who tried to hold out with an 18 year old drinking law, they tied it to transportation money so if any state lowers their age; they lose a HUGE chunk of federal funding.

Teenage boys and Tyga.

But that's none of my business though. *sips sweet tea*

A note for anyone considering it: if you are a minor, it is not okay to date someone in their twenties. I had a 13 y/o classmate in 8th grade who bragged to me that her boyfriend was 21.

Nope. Some states have Romeo and Juliet Laws; Florida is one of those, so like 18/16 or 19/16 wouldn't get someone busted, but 13/21---well whoever was 21 would become a registered sex offender really fast!

Nope. Some states have Romeo and Juliet Laws; Florida is one of those, so like 18/16 or 19/16 wouldn't get someone busted, but 13/21---well whoever was 21 would become a registered sex offender really fast!
19/16 s definitely iffy for me, but I see no issue with 16/18. The couple could be comprised of a sophomore and a senior in high school.

19/16 s definitely iffy for me, but I see no issue with 16/18. The couple could be comprised of a sophomore and a senior in high school.

The year I entered Middle School it went from Jr. High to Middle with just 7-8th making the high school 9-12th. I can live with a 9th and 12th grader and that age group; I may cringe a little, but if we put them in school together and expect them to mix then I can expect them to date. My husband is only 8 months older than me so we were 18/17 at one point, but covered under Romeo and Juliet so even if someone wanted to go after him---they couldn't. Also remember, 14 (freshman) and 17 (senior) eventually becomes 15/18; 16/19; 17/20; 18/21 if they don't break up, yet their relationship started when they were both underage.

The year I entered Middle School it went from Jr. High to Middle with just 7-8th making the high school 9-12th. I can live with a 9th and 12th grader and that age group; I may cringe a little, but if we put them in school together and expect them to mix then I can expect them to date. My husband is only 8 months older than me so we were 18/17 at one point, but covered under Romeo and Juliet so even if someone wanted to go after him---they couldn't. Also remember, 14 (freshman) and 17 (senior) eventually becomes 15/18; 16/19; 17/20; 18/21 if they don't break up, yet their relationship started when they were both underage.
When my fiance and I started dating, he was 20 and I was 17. I was a freshman in college and he was a sophomore, so it totally wasn't weird, but I'm sure it seemed strange to people who didn't know us.

I was on the older end for my grade, so when I was a senior I was 18 going to school with freshman (hypothetically speaking because our freshman were in the junior high at that time) that were as young as 14 (I was 15 my freshman year). It all just depends on when your birthday falls and when your parents send you to school, mine waited until I was 6 because I would have barely been 5 (my birthday is at the very end of July) when I started kindergarten.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oldest CP spent her sweet 16 at a cheering comp. Pretty sure youngest CP will be doing the same thing. Given the timing of both of their birthdays, there is not enough time or money in the budget for much more than that.

I turned Sweet 16 cheering at a playoff basketball game. Glamorous.

My husband and I are 6 years apart, we met when I was 22 and he was 28 so it wasn't too weird, but every once in awhile we do the "what were you doing when" game. An example is when I was 10, I was just allowed to cross the street on my own(I lived on a 2 lane road with a double yellow line so this was big!) and he got his license. The age difference is so much bigger when you are younger!

Back