Swing Through Stunt

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 9, 2012
Is anyone able to clarify for me if this stunt is allowed in level 3? I'm curious about the stunt swinging through and finishing at prep level .

In the video starting in the teddy at 1.23 (finishing at prep instead of extension)

I'm having difficulty interpreting the rule:
3. Downward inversions are only allowed below prep level and must be assisted by at least two bases positioned at the waist to shoulder region to protect the head and shoulder area. Top person must maintain contact with an original base. Clarification 1: The stunt may not pass through prep level and then become inverted below prep level (the momentum of the top person coming down is the primary safety concern

We do lots of other similar inversions in our level 3 routine (like front full twist things, front sault transitions etc) so I feel like it should be allowed as it's essentially the same as a front sault dismount where you are connected by arms to the bases, but just want to clarify with someone.

My apologies if someone had already answered this, I couldn't find it via search.

Thanks!

I think it's illegal. The teddy is considered prep, so it starts at prep then becomes inverted below prep. The connection is at wrist, not waist or shoulder, so that would make it illegal too.

I think it's illegal. The teddy is considered prep, so it starts at prep then becomes inverted below prep. The connection is at wrist, not waist or shoulder, so that would make it illegal too.

Thanks for such a speedy reply (our competition is tomorrow!) That's very sad, but I can completely understand what you're saying and I think you're interpreting the rules better than I did.

I find it confusing because we do a front sault from a teddy in our squad routine... and are connected only by hands, so I'm struggling to understand how that is legal but this isn't.

Out of curiosity, can you think of a way to make this type of stunt legal for level 3? Or do you know another creative way we could include some sort of inversion into our routine?

Thanks for such a speedy reply (our competition is tomorrow!) That's very sad, but I can completely understand what you're saying and I think you're interpreting the rules better than I did.

I find it confusing because we do a front sault from a teddy in our squad routine... and are connected only by hands, so I'm struggling to understand how that is legal but this isn't.

Out of curiosity, can you think of a way to make this type of stunt legal for level 3? Or do you know another creative way we could include some sort of inversion into our routine?
Instead of swinging through, can you invert it to a reload? Like the front flip, but instead of flipping to the ground, flip to reload and then push up. Might take more practice though.

The reason the flip that you are currently doing is fine is because there are separate rules for that inversion. It has it's own bullet point.

Instead of swinging through, can you invert it to a reload? Like the front flip, but instead of flipping to the ground, flip to reload and then push up. Might take more practice though.

The reason the flip that you are currently doing is fine is because there are separate rules for that inversion. It has it's own bullet point.

Ahh if it has it's own bullet point, then that makes sense! Do you possibly have a video of what you're describing with the invert to reload? I'm having difficulty picturing what you mean.

Ahh if it has it's own bullet point, then that makes sense! Do you possibly have a video of what you're describing with the invert to reload? I'm having difficulty picturing what you mean.
If you are flipping from teddy to the floor, I'm picturing the same thing but to a reload (smush, load position)

Start it below prep, it is actually harder but have the bases hands at gut level instead of shoulder level, also from what I think you are trying to accomplish if you're the same person on the asga page try going backwards go down feet first and swing up from the front and over to the shoulder sit

We had something similar in our level 3 routine a few years ago but never competed it because the gym closed. Started at smush and landed at teddy maybe?we grabbed like all up the arm not just wrist

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Thanks for all the feedback guys, we're definitely going to try and play around with this to see if we can still incorporate something similar into our routine, while still following all the safety guidelines.

We ended up competing a front sault dismount instead for the competition on the weekend, and were very excited to receive zero deductions in our group stunt debut. :)

Back