All-Star Switching Gyms Mid-season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The rule that passed doesn't go into effect until next year. USASF implemented the rule for Worlds this year before it was even up for debate for next year.

Here's the info for Worlds this year from the packet:

Thanks for reiterating but I got it.

I am vehemently opposed to leaving gyms mid season. Family drama aside if the coaches stole money last year I would not have let my daughter return the following year. I know could have, would have, should have. With that being said if my daughters safety was a real risk I would pull her. It is scary that they are dropping her from level 1 stunts (this coming from a mother with a level 1 athlete). Falls are inevitable but if her safety is a concern she has to go.

This is the problem with creating a hard and fast rule. There's always going to be exceptions. So the question is whether it's more important to prevent gym-hopping, or to allow parents and kids to leave a gym in scenarios like this.

I think that for higher level teams, such as Worlds teams, it's probably appropriate to say that once you commit to a gym you have to stay with the gym for the competition season.

But at the lower levels? Maybe the "release" rule needs to be that if you're current financially with your current gym, you are automatically released - but cannot compete for another USASF-sanctioned gym for 60 days. That would discourage blatant gym hopping, but would give kids the opportunity to leave for another gym in these types of situations. And you would only be allowed to do so once per year.

I would pull my child from this disaster gym. My child well being and safety comes first.

All very good perspectives... A little more background on this gym... They don't practice at all over the summer and they don't get their choreography until late november. Their season is very short, so where they are now is about equivalent to sept for most gyms.
In that case, the thread title is either beyond misleading, or it just sounds like more justification for your change of heart.

In that case, the thread title is either beyond misleading, or it just sounds like more justification for your change of heart.

Well, it's technically mid-season by most all-star standards... I think I got great responses! How was it misleading? :)

Personally I am not a fan of leaving a gym mid season however in a situation where the safety of your child is an issue than i would say if it is not something that can be resolved to get through the rest of the season then leave if it can be resolved then at least stick it out til the season ends and then get out

I understand hating gym hoppers (I agree)!! We all know those parents who have had there kid at every gym within a 100 mile radius...because there little Suzies are never satisfied!! But if this was your child and they were miserable or in a unsafe evironment you would really stick it out??? I think most of us would do what was best for our child.....

Well, it's technically mid-season by most all-star standards... I think I got great responses! How was it misleading? :)
Because you already stated that it's basically what every other program considers September. Just because its mid season for 95% of the rest of the cheer world, that does not apply in your situation.

Because you already stated that it's basically what every other program considers September. Just because its mid season for 95% of the rest of the cheer world, that does not apply in your situation.

Yeah, but in reference to the rule that was voted on, this would be considered mid-season... my inquiry was to evoke some sort of a response as to whether or not that rule would apply in this case.

Back