All-Star Taking Some Time Off :(

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So she's taking a break from AS to just do school this season? She may love just cheering for school and being with school friends all the time once the school season starts. She may also miss the excitement of all star comps. I guess it depends on how competitive her school cheer is - if very competitive it may be enough. My cp has done varsity all 3 years of HS and plans in finishing out her senior year, while doing all star, but her school is not very competitive plus she only does fall sideline cheer and not winter competitive season. Mine would have always chosen AS over school cheer if she had to make that choice but everyone's situation is different. This is also the age where a lot of kids - not just cheer - choose to give up outside involvement with their sport and simply do school, so keep that in mind as well. I would recommend though keeping her in some outside tumbling if tumbling is not worked on or is not an emphasis on her school team.

Yes she's doing HS rather then AS and in Illinois you can't do AS and HS so they do quarter season teams ( they aren't usually that good ) she has to retry out for competition which she plans on doing. I think you are right she wants to be with her friends as you know our kids give up a lot to do AS cheer. And yes she takes a tumbling class and does 2 privates a week. I'm thinking once she gets her full she may want to try to make a Worlds team. I hope once football starts that old spark in her eyes returns. Thank you for your reply.

Yes she's doing HS rather then AS and in Illinois you can't do AS and HS so they do quarter season teams ( they aren't usually that good ) she has to retry out for competition which she plans on doing. I think you are right she wants to be with her friends as you know our kids give up a lot to do AS cheer. And yes she takes a tumbling class and does 2 privates a week. I'm thinking once she gets her full she may want to try to make a Worlds team. I hope once football starts that old spark in her eyes returns. Thank you for your reply.

A friend of mine and I were talking about this yesterday that 9th grade seems to be the change, some kids start to want to be more active in school. It isn't bad, it is up to the individual athlete. I hope she is happy no matter what she chooses!

Back