Tall flyers

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 29, 2010
Does you gym have them?
Do you like taller flyers better than shorter flyers?
Think...Erica Englebert compared to Maddie Gardner. Both amazingly talented, but just differnt body types. All opinions welcome:)

this year our flyers are more on the short side, on my team at least. some of our other teams have taller girls in the air.

personally, love them sooo much more in the air. there's just something about the lines of them and looking more elegant in the air.

IMO tallr flyers look prettier.. shorter ones flip easier.. lol

i love tall flyers tho
but if they are going to be in baskets then they need to have amazinggg bases or it looks like they didn't go anywhere.

this year our flyers are more on the short side, on my team at least. some of our other teams have taller girls in the air.

personally, love them sooo much more in the air. there's just something about the lines of them and looking more elegant in the air.

i totally agree .. i guess also because for example their scales seeing
their legs are so much longer it looks better

I agree with all the above,

Taller flyers just looks so much better if they can work it, for example a flyer with longer legs doing a needle usually looks so much prettier than a girl with shorter legs, but it all depends on what the girl can hit, regardless of her shape.

I mean I think it's bad that some of the bigger girls that are more flexible are pushed to one side to say they can't fly, just because they weigh a little bit more. IMO the bases should just get stronger! xD

Tall flyers look better but i prefer backing/basing small ones,and not just because they may be lighter
i just feel more in control
but tall, flexible flyers look so good!

Awesome

I'm persay 5'4 120lbs but im always shut down from flyin in a UCA Collegiate level bc those girls in all-girls are like 5'0ft and under so the only way i could fly is NCA which i think is do bias. So i say tall flyers are awesome bc thy make the stunts look longer and flowy not short and stout.

I like tall flyers! :) i'm not THAT tall, but on the tall side for a flyer. I'm 5'3-1/2 and 106 pounds. I've never actually had a problem with girls that are shorter than me basing me, or at least they never seem to struggle. My legs aren't super long though lol. I like tall flyers if they look good in the air, some look awkward lol.

Well tall flyers look prettier in the air in my opinion, and they are way more experienced..
But the really small flyers (the inexperienced ones) are usually the ones who can't stay tight..but the bright side is that the bases have it easier.
Once the bases get used to the really small flyers, then it gets really difficult for the bases to actually used to the tall/regular sizes flyers!

I totally agree with everything said! I'm a REALLYY tall, thin, leggy (5ft 6, 102 pounds, and my legs are extremely long) and I personally like the look of tall flyers better but bases/backspots seem to complain more when basing a taller girl even though she my weigh less than a shorter flyer. I'm the tallest flyer and all the other flyers on my squad are really short (about 5ft 1 or 5ft 2). Not saying that short flyers aren't good, but IMO I love watching tall flyers more.

tall fliers get super scary to catch sometimes, and i agree with the person who said they are scary to backspot.

&& sometimes in a pyramid you have one super tall girl on the right side, and the left side a short girl, i hate it when teams do that :p

i used to be a flyer, and i was the tallest flyer at my gym. but i now backbase and it is scary to catch tall flyers but they do look pretty in the air when there flexible.

Ms Sierra is the most gorgeous "tall" flyer I have EVER seen! love itt! and shorter flyers are waaaaaaaaaay more easy to catch and throw :D

Back