Tall flyers

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Tall flyers look amazing in the air, especially if they are flexible! I love watching them because it makes the skills and body positions look soo pretty and I just love them <3 every routine looks better to me with at least one tall flyer in the center!!

^^ I think Maddie G is 5'7". She looks so beautiful in the air, almost like she floats through her ball up 360 tick tock stunt. I love watching tall flyers. It just doesn't seem so impressive when a small flyer is flexible (disclaimer: I'm a small flyer), but getting long straight legs up by your ears looks amazing.

I like the long, long lines of tall flyers, but it's rare to find a super tall flyer that can pull her own body weight. Of course Maddie is the bomb and can do anything ;) I also like the look of well built muscular flyers too.

I think taller flyers always look better in the air! As long as they are flexible at least. When you have a tall flyer with no flexibility it does not look good.

i totally agree .. i guess also because for example their scales seeing
their legs are so much longer it looks better
i don't think it's a matter of height; it's size in general. bigger girls usually have better body control because they've learned to control their muscles and usually have more muscle then all skin and bones girls! i'm 5'5 and yesss pretty tall for a top but it's not like i'm big. bases can't just always hope for a little girl anymore! my best friend is 5 foot and tops and we weigh within 3 pounds of each other... sooo it's really not a height issue. we both have beautiful flexibility sooo bases and backs need to man up :) plus it looks a lot more impressive when your tops aren't half your size!
I love the lines of a taller top girl, they seem more elegant and are just pretty. What I don't like seeing are the itty bitty top girls who are only staying in the air because they weigh next to nothing and their bases and back spot are strong enough to just keep her in the air.

Omg, I looove taller flyers. I know everyone has already said it, but the longer slimmer lines look soo amazing. when a flyers got long legs and pulls a stretch it just looks effortless! amazing! maddie g really is the perfect example. I also found this video online and this girl is boss!!
http://youtu.be/_7hnPa1b8EM?hd=1

i LOVE tall flyers. their legs look so pretty in the air. sometimes it does look wierd though in pyramids when the flyers aren't similar heights.

Smaller girls go higher. Taller irls look better. It shouldn't matter as long as the flyer is flexible and tight.

I love this thread<3 I am 5'7 1/2" and I have always been taller than my bases! My bases tell me I feel lighter than some of the shorter girls just because I hold my weight. I love watching other tall flyers like maddie!

i don't have a preference for height, but i feel that taller flyers just look prettier in the air even if they have the same skill level as a shorter flyer because they're legs are longer etc! just my opinion though! our center flyer for 2 of our level 5 teams is taller than all of her bases and is beautiful in the air!

I love this thread<3 I am 5'7 1/2" and I have always been taller than my bases! My bases tell me I feel lighter than some of the shorter girls just because I hold my weight. I love watching other tall flyers like maddie!
my bases used to tell me that sometimes too! haha and im the tallest one on my team, so i was def the tallest flyer lol. but i know how to hold my weight in the air

Used to partner stunt with a taller girl - our routines looked awesome because she just seemed to keep on going when I tossed her, but she was a lot harder to control than some of the smaller girls I've worked with! Slightly top-heavy....

Back